Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trust me, I'm not a big David Sacks fan either. But he does have a more moderate view of the Israel situation than I expected. If you did a quick Google search like I did, you'd find plenty of articles about the Cornell prof rejoicing over Hamas murdering Israeli civilians, and other deplorable behavior on Ivy League campuses.
Sure, David Sacks usually lies in the typical FUDster manner. "Teslas catch fire!" Points to numerous pix of Teslas burning. Never mentions the context that it's about at 10% the rate of other cars. You can't look at the pictures and see the lies. It's best to just assume that if Sacks says it, then it's a lie. It's what he does.

Note: I don't imagine that Sacks will decide to lie about Teslas, but I don't really care. It's just an example of how he would lie about Teslas if he did.

Reactions: DrGriz and madodel
Sure, David Sacks usually lies in the typical FUDster manner. "Teslas catch fire!" Points to numerous pix of Teslas burning. Never mentions the context that it's about at 10% the rate of other cars. You can't look at the pictures and see the lies. It's best to just assume that if Sacks says it, then it's a lie. It's what he does.

Note: I don't imagine that Sacks will decide to lie about Teslas, but I don't really care. It's just an example of how he would lie about Teslas if he did.
That's exactly why I immediately went to Google to verify the story. I even watched the actual video of the Prof riling up his Hamas fan club. Alarming.

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark and CatB
Could they have done a deal? 2 per week as long as Israel don't undertake a ground war?
Release possibly a result of USA brokering supplies into Gaza.
Headlines as noted below tie into my comment a few days ago. Time works against Israel’s planned invasion with US and Europe weakening resolve (2 releases will teach Hamas to slowly drip releases in return for continued supplies):

1697831120719.png

Release possibly a result of USA brokering supplies into Gaza.
Headlines as noted below tie into my comment a few days ago. Time works against Israel’s planned invasion with US and Europe weakening resolve (2 releases will teach Hamas to slowly drip releases in return for continued supplies):

View attachment 983923

I don't think European resolve factors in at all to the Israeli calculus here. US resolve probably does to a certain degree, but likely much less than you think. A positive development, nonetheless.

The released daughter is a beautiful young woman. I hope she wasn't mistreated as badly as I suspect.

Last edited:
That's exactly why I immediately went to Google to verify the story. I even watched the actual video of the Prof riling up his Hamas fan club. Alarming.

[propaganda=youtube]propaganda[/propaganda]

This is a nearly perfect example of how you were just mislead by David Sacks, the known liar.

Sacks makes it seem like this is Cornell University, as part of a class. If you watch the video, that's some guy at a Palestinian rally, and it's has exactly zero to do with Cornell or being a professor. (Unless of course you are saying that a Cornell professor is not allowed to ever speak his personal opinion because of his employment.)

Sacks also has the approach of taking a single example and making it an 'all' whitewash. Just like this. Find a single other example of any other professor, anywhere else.

This is Sacks conflating the two in a 'clever' way to dupe people like you, and have you help spread his propaganda, which you just did.

This is a nearly perfect example of how you were just mislead by David Sacks, the known liar.

Sacks makes it seem like this is Cornell University, as part of a class. If you watch the video, that's some guy at a Palestinian rally, and it's has exactly zero to do with Cornell or being a professor. (Unless of course you are saying that a Cornell professor is not allowed to ever speak his personal opinion because of his employment.)

Sacks also has the approach of taking a single example and making it an 'all' whitewash. Just like this. Find a single other example of any other professor, anywhere else.

This is Sacks conflating the two in a 'clever' way to dupe people like you, and have you help spread his propaganda, which you just did.

I haven't been duped. The abhorrent remarks from that Cornell prof may have been made off campus (hard to tell), but that doesn't make them any less abhorrent. Another prof from Stanford did act egregiously on campus, and in the classroom in fact. There is clearly an undercurrent of antisemitism that needs to be addressed in many of our Ivy League institutions.

Reactions: cusetownusa

If you look hard enough you can find somebody somewhere who adheres to just about any nutty idea you can think of. People are people and while groups of people can be fairly predictable, individuals can be all over the map.

I haven't been duped. The abhorrent remarks from that Cornell prof may have been made off campus (hard to tell), but that doesn't make them any less abhorrent. Another prof from Stanford did act egregiously on campus, and in the classroom in fact. There is clearly an undercurrent of antisemitism that needs to be addressed in many of our Ivy League institutions.
I prefer to think you've been duped than the obvious alternative. You have maybe some conspiracy theory explaining how behavior of somebody at Stanford reflects poorly on "Ivy League institutions"?

• Disagree
Reactions: X Fan
I prefer to think you've been duped than the obvious alternative. You have maybe some conspiracy theory explaining how behavior of somebody at Stanford reflects poorly on "Ivy League institutions"?
You asked for another example. I provided one. There were other shows of support for Hamas in other schools- like Harvard. I'm not sure any number of examples would satisfy you, so I'm done with you. Have a nice day.

You asked for another example. I provided one. There were other shows of support for Hamas in other schools- like Harvard. I'm not sure any number of examples would satisfy you, so I'm done with you. Have a nice day.
Well, um, no I didn't. You're confusing me with somebody else. Pretty sure that you'll find that generally there are many examples of support for Palestinians, and very few for Hamas. But critics conflate the two for reasons of their own. Or because they're been duped by people like Sacks.

Reactions: replicant
Is there any reason why Western politicians are descending on Israel now, to reaffirm the solidarity of Western countries - foremost Biden and then a number of considerably less powerful politicians like Scholz and Sunak? What exactly do they hope to achieve?
The Palestinians have awful people in charge, yet they never did have a functional state and their society is so young, that most literally never had the chance to vote at all. For those reasons I'm inclined to cut them at least some slack.
What excuses do the Israelis have for the politicians they have voted into power and the awful policies that they have pursued? For decades now any politicians in the West who dared to question Israel's policies, were told to mind their own business and they were threatened with the career-ending threat of being accused as anti-semites. How about telling Israel to lie in the bed that they made for themselves? At least Biden could be asked to stop pouring even more fuel on a raging fire, as he intends to do by giving Israel even more billions in aid.
As to the poor hostages, I hope that they'll released soon and as unharmed as we can hope for. There is some dark historical irony at work, though, that for years we were told that Jews in the West needed Israel as a safe refuge, just to be called upon now to use our influence to achieve the release of these Israelis with dual nationalities.

Well, um, no I didn't. You're confusing me with somebody else. Pretty sure that you'll find that generally there are many examples of support for Palestinians, and very few for Hamas. But critics conflate the two for reasons of their own. Or because they're been duped by people like Sacks.
My bad, I was mistaking you for someone else. Sacks creeps me out, but at the same time, I'm willing to accept that he isn't evil personified, and not everything he says and does is in service of his malignant overlord, Satan, lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Sacks did not “make it seem” like it was part of a class. What he said in the recent All-In was perfectly accurate. This was a Cornell professor at a Cornell student group rally after the Hamas attacks. This insane professor said that he was “exhilarated and excited” by the Hamas attack. It was truly astonishing to listen to. Here is an account of it with the link to the video. Cornell students call for action against prof who was ‘exhilarated’ by Hamas attack

The professor has since apologized.

Sacks at minute 50 of the All-in-One podcast simply said, accurately, “a Cornell professor gave a talk.” He didn’t at all sugget that this was in a class. If he said what you claim somewhere else, link to it — or acknowledge that your claim about Sacks lying that this was in a class, is in fact a lie.

This Cornell student newspaper article is actually the single best thing I’ve read about it — putting the profs comments in some very slightly helpful context, most notably his statements against violence that immediately preceded the incongruous statements of being “exhilarated” by the violence.

Israel has a global problem with left wing parties of many countries espousing hate against them. USA is just one example of rampant hate emanating from College campuses. A good read from the Telegraph today: