Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with auto-folding mirrors during auto-lock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that off-late, the auto-folding mirrors ONLY fold when I lock the car using they keyfob. If I simply walk away, they don't fold when auto-lock kicks in. This seems quite consistent and not random.

Anyone else have this issue and know if its something that has changed recently with an update? Its sort of annoying, I'd like auto-folding to fold everytime

2016 S75

I've noticed that off-late, the auto-folding mirrors ONLY fold when I lock the car using they keyfob. If I simply walk away, they don't fold when auto-lock kicks in. This seems quite consistent and not random.

Anyone else have this issue and know if its something that has changed recently with an update? Its sort of annoying, I'd like auto-folding to fold everytime

2016 S75
I have a brand new (Build month: March 2018) there is less than 400 miles on the odometer, version - 2018.10.6, and this has been a "problem" since I owned the car. Have confirmed that the settings are correct; the mirrors still don't retract after walking away (>40 ft). I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach as it may "fix itself" otherwise, as the service centre is over 50 miles away, I can wait till the first service to have it repaired.

I have a brand new (Build month: March 2018) there is less than 400 miles on the odometer, version - 2018.10.6, and this has been a "problem" since I owned the car. Have confirmed that the settings are correct; the mirrors still don't retract after walking away (>40 ft). I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach as it may "fix itself" otherwise, as the service centre is over 50 miles away, I can wait till the first service to have it repaired.

This does not happen anymore oddly enough, not sure when or how it got fixed but it does seem to close on auto-lock nowadays.