TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Issues with auto-folding mirrors during auto-lock?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by davinci2017, Aug 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

I've noticed that off-late, the auto-folding mirrors ONLY fold when I lock the car using they keyfob. If I simply walk away, they don't fold when auto-lock kicks in. This seems quite consistent and not random.

Anyone else have this issue and know if its something that has changed recently with an update? Its sort of annoying, I'd like auto-folding to fold everytime

2016 S75

2. USMC_Mustang

USMC_Mustang Member

I've been having an increasingly difficult time getting mine to UNfold. The only solution that works is to get out of the car, let it turn "off," and then get back in as if starting all over again. Sometimes two or three times.

3. Nauti-Boy

Nauti-Boy Member

It just happened to me today. It just stopped folding. It won't fold even if I used to fold button on the door. Will have to contact SC.

4. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

This why you disable this feature. They will stop working. Period. My Ford mirrors did same after year. That tiny motor just wears out. I've talked to several folks charging said same thing. Out of warranty, turn them off.