Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s not an M3 people...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a 06 plate silver grey convertible, SMG gearbox. Red leather interior. The SMG gearbox has some detractors, but it's been trouble free so far! Had it since 2012!
Nice! Silver works really well on the e46 coupe. I had a 330 e46 coupe in silver, also an 06 plate (bought new) and absolutely loved it. I reckon the e46 was the high water mark of BMW quality. Swapped it for an F11 530d as the family size increased but always regretted it.

My previous car was a M3 bimmer (Convertible - M4 actually), model 2016, 420HP and similar weight (about 100kg lighter). The TM3 will eat M3’s lunch with every occasion!!! :) Acceleration, handling, software, driving pleasure. Maybe not top speed or exhaust pops and crackles, I give it that. And driving with the roof down is an experience in itself, cabrio owners would have to agree.

So we are up to Metric BMW Motorway as a compilation. Any more ?

We should of course include the riveting economic definition for money supply

M3 is a measure of the money supply that includes M2 as well as large time deposits, institutional money market funds, short-term repurchase agreements and larger liquid assets

Definitely don’t want to upset the economists.......

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Surely, I can’t be the only one who finds it a little grating to see the commonplace abbreviation “M3” used for the Tesla Model 3?

Even in this forum, where it’s almost certain we know we’re talking about a Model 3 and not BMW’s much slower premium level ASBO saloon, it’s still not quite right.

So, can we please abbreviate to something that’s not the extraordinarily well known highly trademarked name of a successful performance saloon launched when Elon was still in high school? How about “TM3”? The addition of an extra T is hardly going to wear the keyboard out after all.

Just a thought...

“M3” is a metric screw thread size .. clearly BMW should stop using the term for a car