Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Here! And Wowsers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo. It has been 6 years since I've bought a new car. The Great Recession kept me on the sidelines from any frivolous spending. Fortunately, I've done well in recent years and with the benefits of Tesla and seemingly increasing gasoline prices every quarter, this makes real sense. At least that's what I told my wife. Ok, so moving on to picking it up. First learning the interface is taking me some time. Not used to having everything on the screen and no dials to play with. But boy oh boy, the power in this is quite exhilarating! The most powerful car I've ever had is my Lexus RX lol, so the MS is my exotic dream come true.

The entire process @ Tesla was very smooth and so far I am extremely happy. Most important, my wife loves it! :)

Thanks for all the input on this forum. I spent quite a many nights reading and lurking to figure out how to spec the car out. I look forward to many miles of joy in the MS!!!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,747
Congrats, Love the dark 21s.

As you continue to get used to your new baby, and it will teach you more about it.
It certainly is a LOT of car.
Depending on what your former car was, it might be a WHOLE lot of car: several plateaus up from where ever you had been.
Everyday I learn at least ONE MORE new thing about the car, its operation.
Some big, some subtle nuances for how a system operates or interfaces.

I admit it: The car is a whole lot smarter than I will ever be, I am just enjoying the heck out of it.

Thanks all. Something strange did happen this evening. As I was backing out of my garage, the car kept going into the Park position....yes, while it was in reverse, it just went into Park..scared my wife as it was quite a jolt coming to a full stop on its own. Did it several times until my car was out onto the street and I put the car in D. Anyone else experience this? I'm sure it might just be me. Purplewalt, I agree. I feel dumb driving this car!

Thanks all. Something strange did happen this evening. As I was backing out of my garage, the car kept going into the Park position....yes, while it was in reverse, it just went into Park..scared my wife as it was quite a jolt coming to a full stop on its own. Did it several times until my car was out onto the street and I put the car in D. Anyone else experience this? I'm sure it might just be me. Purplewalt, I agree. I feel dumb driving this car!
If you turn your head to see out of the rear window (as opposed to using mirrors and the back-up camera) you may have lifted your rear from the driver seat. If you do that, the car thinks "darn, that driver jumped out and left me unattended, I'd better stop myself from going anywhere right now!" ;-)

You're not the first who had this happen, so Tesla should be aware of it. There's a chance that in the future the car will become even smarter, as to avoid scaring your wife!

Yes, I did experience it yesterday. I was backing out of the garage, and all of the sudden - abrupt stop! Very unsettling.
The only thing I could figure caused it, was that both my door and the left rear door were both ajar - slightly open.

I have big feet, and have experienced the both pedals thing. It just results in warning beeps.

If you turn your head to see out of the rear window (as opposed to using mirrors and the back-up camera) you may have lifted your rear from the driver seat. If you do that, the car thinks "darn, that driver jumped out and left me unattended, I'd better stop myself from going anywhere right now!" ;-)

You're not the first who had this happen, so Tesla should be aware of it. There's a chance that in the future the car will become even smarter, as to avoid scaring your wife!

Sooooo much to learn haha. This car is way ahead of me.

Woohoo. It has been 6 years since I've bought a new car. The Great Recession kept me on the sidelines from any frivolous spending. Fortunately, I've done well in recent years and with the benefits of Tesla and seemingly increasing gasoline prices every quarter, this makes real sense. At least that's what I told my wife. Ok, so moving on to picking it up. First learning the interface is taking me some time. Not used to having everything on the screen and no dials to play with. But boy oh boy, the power in this is quite exhilarating! The most powerful car I've ever had is my Lexus RX lol, so the MS is my exotic dream come true.

The entire process @ Tesla was very smooth and so far I am extremely happy. Most important, my wife loves it! :)

Thanks for all the input on this forum. I spent quite a many nights reading and lurking to figure out how to spec the car out. I look forward to many miles of joy in the MS!!!

Your car is beautiful! I think I may have a similar spec, what options did you get?

enjoy it in the best of health.

I did it again. Sure enough, it is because I turn to look while I am in reverse. So use to the "old technology" of analog over digital haha. Thanks for the tips. I'm learning every minute I'm with the car. Today, I was playing around with it and my neighbor came out to play with my new gadget as well. He was so impressed with the power in the p85, he is seriously deciding to buy one as well.

In every case I've heard of the "abrupt unexpected shift to park while in reverse" it is this butt liftoff issue. Try not lifting your posterior off the seat when you turn around - the easiest way to do so is not to brace your right arm on the passenger seat but keep both arms in front of you. This is actually a better way to backup. My driving instructor many years ago told me that if you brace your arm on the passenger headrest during your driving test it is a 5 point deduction in New York state.