Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jammed frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Tesla Model S
180,000 miles

There is a long back story (that includes at least two bad decisions on my part), but the result is this. My 2015 Model S is in my friend's driveway. The HV batteries are low and the 12v is dead. The frunk hood was closed with the left (passenger side) black panel not fully secured, so a couple of mm are poking out near the front. I removed the nose cone to manually open the frunk. The cord I would pull to unlatch no longer was hooked up, but there was a handle to pull a latch open (I guess the service center replaced it the last time I was there; I know there was a latch recall; perhaps that's why). I pulled the handle, but the frunk would not open. I felt around for two latches on the hood striker, but could only find one. Out of desperation, I unbolted the latch so that the hood striker was definitely unencumbered. But the frunk is STILL jammed,. I can't imagine what could be holding it down. I am including a picture of the hood striker (the unbolted latch would be below the picture) to show you what is baffling me so much. By the way, Tesla mobile service will come in three weeks if I am unable to sort it out myself. (I'm sorry the picture is so big; I simply took the picture and uploaded it.)
hood striker.jpg