Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another generic text pointing to a document regarding temporary permit. It said I need to provide 1) Driver license, Insurance, signed form Temp Timed Permits (VTR-66), and signed form Limited Power of Attorney (VTR-271) to them prior to delivery.

How do you guys deliver these to them? Can we hand it to them at delivery?

Got another generic text pointing to a document regarding temporary permit. It said I need to provide 1) Driver license, Insurance, signed form Temp Timed Permits (VTR-66), and signed form Limited Power of Attorney (VTR-271) to them prior to delivery.

NVM... they finally sent me an email with link to sign via computer.

Reactions: chobra
Congrats to everyone getting VINs and delivery dates!!! Picked mine up yesterday and couldn’t be happier! Literally just got the wall charger installed so timing was perfect. For those that may or may not know as well you have 7 days to report issues and have them fully resolved which adds additional peace of mind. Also was worried wife wouldn’t like the ride of the induction wheels but both of us are thoroughly impressed with smoothness and ride quality. You read so much online about this stuff and imo much of it is blown way out of proportion. Enjoyed a hilarious light show this evening with the fam in the drive way just as it got dark. Constantly delighted by this thing and all it’s features. This car is freaking epic!

Attachments

• 82504542-C27E-4887-A582-64B9385E88E4.jpeg
    82504542-C27E-4887-A582-64B9385E88E4.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 98

From Houston too
got the same text
i texted them back and asked them to sent the email again with forms
then I docusigned from the email
was told this has to be completed 48 hours before delivery

Reactions: chobra
got my VIN yesterday and pick up scheduled for next Saturday. assuming Elon doesn't announce hw4 for MY available within weeks , I will take delivery. pretty excited here !
I know you're not being totally serious about HW4, but here are my thoughts.

There's a thread out there that takes a deep dive into how much is HW4 worth to each person, but personally I would rather have and enjoy car now.

When there are enough upgrades in the future I will just consider sell/trade-in to get a new one. Same scenario like any purchase, enjoy what you have at the time, keep it for X period of time, buy new one later on or keep it.

What if 54k with HW3 vs 59k with HW4 + more cameras + misc, personally I would rather put the 5k into TSLA stock and wait until a major milestone upgrade (body style, motor, battery) and buy then or even a MS\MX\cybertruck.

Also there's the scenario that some prefer the old models, for example USS vs newer non-USS. Who knows what else gets removed\changed in the newer version that people wish it still had.

My favorite upgrades have been to a higher trim or model than the newer version of the same trim or model. For example, BMW 325i then later got a BMW M3, was a better upgrade for me than getting a newer 325i. Or could have went from 325i to a 5 series.

Last edited:
I predict one of two things (or maybe both) will happen before HW4 comes to the MY: the IRS removes half of the $7500 tax incentives for Teslas (which I don't personally believe will happen) and the MY price levels out or gradually increases, or the full $7500 remains and the MY price increases quickly. Either way, I agree with @chobra: I'd rather have a great car now for a relatively low price instead of waiting on a possibly, but not definitely, greater car later at an almost assuredly higher price.

Received my VIN this am, Austin build as I expected. Delivery date of March 10-16.

I will be out of the country until April 3, so going to chat w SA to see what options I have. According to an earlier text, Colorado requires an in person signature.
I went down to the local Tesla dealership and found out that since I now have my VIN, they could do the paperwork and my wife and I proceeded to sign that today. Then we set up a pick up for March 17 and my daughter can pick it up as Tesla has our original signatures. When I get back on April 2, the car should be sitting in my garage. Cool - I thought I might have to decline and then get another one sometime in April.

ordered 1/16, MYLR, Blue w White interior.

I predict one of two things (or maybe both) will happen before HW4 comes to the MY: the IRS removes half of the $7500 tax incentives for Teslas (which I don't personally believe will happen) and the MY price levels out or gradually increases, or the full $7500 remains and the MY price increases quickly. Either way, I agree with @chobra: I'd rather have a great car now for a relatively low price instead of waiting on a possibly, but not definitely, greater car later at an almost assuredly higher price.
IRS 7.5k, I agree, and I believe the battery pack from CA-NV-TX will qualify so LR and P trim should be good, just not RWD with LFP. With the recent positive turn in the relationship between Tesla and the Fed, my guess is that USA assembled batteries (LR and P) will qualify, at least until 2025, regardless of the cell chemistry coming from outside USA or approved countries.

My guess is 2024 Y and 3 will get HW4, S and X will get it now\2023, cybertruck (confirmed), and roadster (maybe HW5 by then). I would like to have the gaming option that the S and X have, if that comes with HW4 for Y then I will be bummed for having HW3 but still it wouldn't make me hold off until HW4, and in the future I want a cybertruck or upgrade to a X rather than a Y anyways.

@Phydeaux, it's dangerous to agree with me, I say wacky things sometimes.

Last edited:
Just picked up the MYLR today. They texted me to see if I wanted to come in a day earlier for delivery and I accepted. Build quality was fine Fremont build with matrix lights.

One hiccup was that Tower FCU sent the check directly to Tesla and didn't provide tracking number to me which Tesla required. They were able to confirm with the finance department that the check was good. Had to wait about 10 extra minutes in the showroom while they figured that out. If your financing institution is sending check directly, be sure to grab the tracking number.