Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1674750435880.png

These are the individuals with Blue/White Interiors on the worksheet. All who ordered on or after Jan 12th. What is weird is when I try to tag them, it seems like their username doesn't exist. Other than JustFine and myself.

Reactions: hoax.killer
View attachment 900007

These are the individuals with Blue/White Interiors on the worksheet. All who ordered on or after Jan 12th. What is weird is when I try to tag them, it seems like their username doesn't exist. Other than JustFine and myself.
I'd guess that a lot are coming from Reddit too, without necessarily registering here.

(Signed, a 1/13 blue/black with no VIN lurker :D)

Reactions: KangThe
My personal opinion is that all these specific vehicle configuration waiting rooms is a bit silly. This isnt much different than:

"2nd Week Jan 2023 Orders - Model Y LR / Blue / White / with 20 inch tires, made in Fremont (not austin) Matrix headlights, Parcel shelf waiting room"

The only thing creating these specific waiting rooms does is attempt to segregate people into the specific configuration they ordered from other people with a slightly different ordered spec. There is no real data to be gained from trying to track a specific order time for a specific order configuration. They just become a thread for the few people who ordered that spec to chat with each other instead of in one of the other waiting room threads.

Reactions: mgs333 and Ray_R
My personal opinion is that all these specific vehicle configuration waiting rooms is a bit silly. This isnt much different than:

"2nd Week Jan 2023 Orders - Model Y LR / Blue / White / with 20 inch tires, made in Fremont (not austin) Matrix headlights, Parcel shelf waiting room"

The only thing creating these specific waiting rooms does is attempt to segregate people into the specific configuration they ordered from other people with a slightly different ordered spec. There is no real data to be gained from trying to track a specific order time for a specific order configuration. They just become a thread for the few people who ordered that spec to chat with each other instead of in one of the other waiting room threads.

I wouldn't term this being "silly" which in a way is disrespectful. Happy to have thread deleted if TMC feels this to be silly. Don't want to be creating nuisance. I would however agree that this is an attempt to fit in to the "community-forum" structure. Having owned and ran a 20K+ community myself in one of my past life, forum platforms have its own benefits and drawbacks. This thread is coarser (just MYLR blue/white) than the thread you mentioned.

The other larger thread is tracking all Jan orders, and I as a user often got lost trying to remember folks with the same config and their updates. This thread was just an effort to streamline that. Secondly, my intention was also to discuss possible QC related issues/observations post delivery, and also have a conversation with folks.

I wouldn't term this being "silly" which in a way is disrespectful. Happy to have thread deleted if TMC feels this to be silly. Don't want to be creating nuisance. I would however agree that this is an attempt to fit in to the "community-forum" structure. Having owned and ran a 20K+ community myself in one of my past life, forum platforms have its own benefits and drawbacks. This thread is coarser (just MYLR blue/white) than the thread you mentioned.

The other larger thread is tracking all Jan orders, and I as a user often got lost trying to remember folks with the same config and their updates. This thread was just an effort to streamline that. Secondly, my intention was also to discuss possible QC related issues/observations post delivery, and also have a conversation with folks.
I agree with everything you said about the creation of this room. I found myself only looking for "blue" builds on the main forum which was already starting to grow way too big for what the original purpose was to track the time of each build. Becoming more a FAQ for everything Tesla and charging and financing, all great stuff to know but not for this room.

There is a very detailed tracking spreadsheet that you can sort and filter to find just the combinations you are interested in.
Make sure you add your data if you haven't already.

If we ignore FSD and EAP options there are 80 MYLR and 20 MYP configurations that we could have individual threads about. Could get complicated.

I completely understand where you are coming from, I have seen various rooms from different options types to waiting rooms for specific states.

But I do feel that this thread does have a purpose for the limited people who follow this. One main one being that it is my understanding that Tesla builds cars in batches, I would assume that Blue car with white interior would be a batch on its own. If one person receives some details from their SA or a VIN, it would make sense the others in the same area/order date may receive their within a few days if their car is from that same batch.

Second one being, not so important, is that you feel some sort of companionship. I feel like I am not the only one waiting, I am not the only one impatient, I am not alone. I makes me happy to see others updates. It would make me even more happy if someone in this room posted that they got a VIN. The reason for these forums is to find an online community that you can relate to.. I feel like we are all in that boat.

My sister and brother both ordered a Model Y too, but they could careless when it would arrive. My sister didn't even know I downloaded the app on her phone for the car until a week after we made the order lol.

So there are people like that, and there are people like us who love seeing updates and just connect dots that aren't there and feel happy and some sort of hope that their car will arrive soon.

Reactions: hoax.killer
There is a very detailed tracking spreadsheet that you can sort and filter to find just the combinations you are interested in.
Make sure you add your data if you haven't already.

If we ignore FSD and EAP options there are 80 MYLR and 20 MYP configurations that we could have individual threads about. Could get complicated.
the thing is though, it looks like not many people follow through after their initial submission. At least in the forums, people have have some sort of a conversation.

It does help. Keeps me having to read through pages to see if anyone else with the same config got their vin numbers assigned.
Hopefully they have a batch of blue ones on the assembly line right now about to finish!!
YES! this is exactly my thought process. I think all the blue/white would be part of the same batch. Hopefully we all get vins together/SOON! lol

I'll play!

Blue/white 5-seat w/19's ordered on 1/14
Initial EDD was "February-March"
Updated to 2/9-3/9 several days later
Updated to 2/15-3/22 recently which is where it is now

Following this thread to see where things start to shake out over the next couple of weeks or so.

Reactions: Cocoboy
Hi everyone,

Creating this waiting room for all the Model Y - LR with Blue Exterior and White interior orders.

OD: Jan 13 (3am ET)
Config: Blue Ext / White Int / 19" / 5-seater / No other opts
EDD: Jan 28 to Feb 25
No VIN yet.

@KangThe @Cmarkortiz @randomwalk101 @Fusion @Garlock @kfindura @Ostrichsak

Feel free to tag anyone who I am missing.
Got my vin assigned yesterday with pickup scheduled Wed Feb 1st. Order date 1/13 super excited for the blue and white. In Az if that helps anyone