Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year Model Y buyers paid $13K more, couldn't get the $7K tax credit, and had to wait 6 months to get their car.

Even if it takes 2-3 months to get our cars, I think we are very lucky and benefitted a lot from being patient enough to wait until this year to order.
I'm glad you mentioned this, 2023 people have no clue what the pre-2023 people had to deal with. I'm thankful and blessed to have this opportunity in 2023.

Reactions: KangThe
I ordered my first MY back in 2021 and waited 5 months. My wife claims she never saw me so excited about something I didn't have. 😒

Fast forward to 2023, I'm still happily married and in the process of replacing my (totaled) MY. Considering the demand, I am delighted with my current 60-90 day delivery window.

The wait is real and worth it!

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Some good news for those that qualify in California for the CVRP, more incentive to buy for those on the fence to buy as well
7516369C-24B0-451F-A56F-AA0EC86FB617.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Drove my first 2023 today and I'm pleasantly surprised by the suspension characteristics now. It was noticeably smoother riding than previous Model 3/Y's I had driven with the original suspension components. The funny part was that it wasn't even until after we got out that I noticed our tester had 20's. The 19's on the one we ordered should be even better. The parcel shelf thingy in the rear hatch area also made a noticeable difference in the road noise that comes from the back area which is quite a bit.

Lots of nice little quality-of-life improvements on that 2023 and they all add up to a marketing improvement that's noticeable. I was concerned about taking delivery of the one we ordered a lil' bit but now I'm more confident after driving one for an hour today.

Bringing it back on topic, I asked my SA about status on my car since I had the VIN assigned. He said that it was showing in the rail yard destined for our Northern Colorado location with an ETA of 2/21. He said he'd know more in about a week or so probably.

History
Jan 13 (3am ET): OD. Config: Blue Ext / White Int / 19" / 5-seater / No other opts
Jan 15: EDD- Jan 28 to Feb 25
Jan 27: VIN assigned (Fremont build, PF667)
Feb 1: EDD updated to Feb 9 to Feb 18
Feb 3: Prompted for take delivery on Feb 13 or Feb 14. Selected 14.
Feb 8: Tesla informed my vehicle was compromised during logistics. VIN removed from my RN, Tesla informed will be assigned a new one.
Feb 10: EDD for Feb 22 to Mar 22

Today's update
Feb 12: "New" VIN assigned. (Fremont build, PF67). EDD: Feb 16 - Feb 25.

Anybody else got VIN assigned today?

Reactions: KangThe and chobra
History
Jan 13 (3am ET): OD. Config: Blue Ext / White Int / 19" / 5-seater / No other opts
Jan 15: EDD- Jan 28 to Feb 25
Jan 27: VIN assigned (Fremont build, PF667)
Feb 1: EDD updated to Feb 9 to Feb 18
Feb 3: Prompted for take delivery on Feb 13 or Feb 14. Selected 14.
Feb 8: Tesla informed my vehicle was compromised during logistics. VIN removed from my RN, Tesla informed will be assigned a new one.
Feb 10: EDD for Feb 22 to Mar 22

Today's update
Feb 12: "New" VIN assigned. (Fremont build, PF67). EDD: Feb 16 - Feb 25.

Anybody else got VIN assigned today?

Whoa! Got prompted for delivery as well, like within an hour of VIN being assigned.
Feb 20 or Feb 21. Selected 21. Fingers crossed!

If not, cancel this f@#king order and go buy Ferrari.
Better get that ferrari order in soon before they follow Tesla's lead too closely... 😁

Better get that ferrari order in soon before they follow Tesla's lead too closely... 😁

On a side note, apparently it's difficult to buy a new Ferrari, supposedly you have to go through an interview process, vetted, sign a contract with rules you must follow, etc.

I wonder if Tesla will do the same with the roadster.