Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my blue model Y Feb 2 and the estimated date was Mar-May. Not wanting to chance missing the rebate which made the math work for me, I found and subscribed to the real-time inventory feed. I watched hundreds of notifications for vehicles of all models and options and I observed that the availability varies greatly depending on region of delivery. For example there at least 100 vehicles delivered to CA for every one delivered to CO. Blue trickles in at a fraction of the rate as the other colors, and 20” wheels far outnumber 19”. Nevertheless it was worth the effort because I saw a notification for a blue 19” premium 7 seat pop up. I didn’t really want the 7 seat, but it would be better than not getting the vehicle in time, so I sent the link to the 510 number and told them to switch to that vehicle. They did and I go pick it up this Sat. Bottom line is if you are super concerned about wait, there are ways to accelerate delivery by intercepting inventory before it even shows up at the dealer. Yeah you have to go pick it up rather than have it brought to you, and you might not have an exact match, but with wait times growing it could be an option.
So u picked up in different state?I see a lot in Ohio but when I asked Tesla chat they said they will not transfer inventory. I would be willing to pickup in different state but wasn’t sure how registration works as they specifically state which states it can be registered in

I ordered my blue model Y Feb 2 and the estimated date was Mar-May. Not wanting to chance missing the rebate which made the math work for me, I found and subscribed to the real-time inventory feed. I watched hundreds of notifications for vehicles of all models and options and I observed that the availability varies greatly depending on region of delivery. For example there at least 100 vehicles delivered to CA for every one delivered to CO. Blue trickles in at a fraction of the rate as the other colors, and 20” wheels far outnumber 19”. Nevertheless it was worth the effort because I saw a notification for a blue 19” premium 7 seat pop up. I didn’t really want the 7 seat, but it would be better than not getting the vehicle in time, so I sent the link to the 510 number and told them to switch to that vehicle. They did and I go pick it up this Sat. Bottom line is if you are super concerned about wait, there are ways to accelerate delivery by intercepting inventory before it even shows up at the dealer. Yeah you have to go pick it up rather than have it brought to you, and you might not have an exact match, but with wait times growing it could be an option.
Very good info thanks. In your opinion what is the slowest configuration? I have the opposite problem I want to lock down pricing until may or june.

What is the service you subscribed to?

Started out ordering MYP Blue/White on 2/6 because it was 2 months faster, switched to a MYSR Blue/Black on 2/9 out of inventory (it was actually pre-production), got an EDD of 2/26 - 3/23 yesterday, switched again to a MYLR Blue/White (which is what I wanted in the first place) this morning, which is en route to Cleveland with an ETA of 2/27. Expect to pick it up by 3/4.

Started out ordering MYP Blue/White on 2/6 because it was 2 months faster, switched to a MYSR Blue/Black on 2/9 out of inventory (it was actually pre-production), got an EDD of 2/26 - 3/23 yesterday, switched again to a MYLR Blue/White (which is what I wanted in the first place) this morning, which is en route to Cleveland with an ETA of 2/27. Expect to pick it up by 3/4.
How did you find it?

1676493291642.png

Updated worksheet for everyone.

Many if our groups VINS don't hit in the new few days, ima cry lol