Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stumbled upon this thread...

MYLR blue/white, no other options
OD: 1/14/23 afternoon when EDD was Jan-Mar
EDD1: 2/10 - 3/19
EDD2: 2/13 - 3/13
EDD3 (updated on Monday): 3/5 - 3/31

Still NO VIN ☹️

I had to re-enter my trade-in info as the original offer expired. Tesla upped their offer by $1,700, hard to believe, which expires on 3/17. I'm hoping to take delivery by then.

Has anyone in the northeast received a VIN or taken delivery? Seems as though Tesla can't keep up production of blue paint and white seats compared to the other colors.
Thank you for your post, I was in a similar scenario as you with my trade-in expiring before delivery.

Based on current market conditions used car prices have spiked due to various reasons (tax refunds that are used towards car purchases, etc) so I went ahead and refreshed my trade-in and the value increased.

FYI, the OP and I may be in the same boat based on our trade-in make/model, low increase in mileage, etc, so others experience may vary (value could go down).

Reactions: Trustedpro
I switched mine to 20" and got VIN the next morning.
OD: 01/17, CA, Orange County
EDD1: March 21 - March 31
EDD2: Feb 26 - March 21
EDD3: March 1 - March 7 ( After VIN assigned on 02/17, wheels changed to 20" on 02/16)
Something to consider for those wanting to experiment. Most of the inventory that shows up on WaitingForTesla.com - Find all available New Model Y Inventory in United States have 20" wheels.

@randomwalk101
@KangThe, I know you don't want the larger wheels but 20" might be a sweet spot

TESLA MODEL Y FITMENT GUIDE

Last edited:
Got the text from tesla few mins back - to trade in a vehicle for upcoming model Y purchase. Did anyone receive this message and then got a VIN later ?
Assuming you don't have a trade-in or submitted a trade-in quote through the app\website, then it's probably a generic text for upsell.

If you submit a trade-in quote, their sales team tracks submissions, I even submitted a quote as a guest user (not logged in, didn't use my real info) and they still tied the VIN to my account and reached out if I had any questions or needed assistance with it.

As long as you finished all of your tasks in the Tesla app and it says "we'll notify you when it's time to..." and not "please complete your tasks..." then you just have to wait until they assign you a VIN.

Reactions: @vickey2727
Something to consider for those wanting to experiment. Most of the inventory that shows up on WaitingForTesla.com - Find all available New Model Y Inventory in United States have 20" wheels.

@randomwalk101
@KangThe, I know you don't want the larger wheels but 20" might be a sweet spot

TESLA MODEL Y FITMENT GUIDE
I see a lot of cars with 20in wheels in inventory. I am thinking of upping my wheels to induction. I feel like they probably have a lot of extra after the price drop.

Reactions: chobra