Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
waiting.jpg

It has been awhile waiting for VIN...

Seems you are closer than ever to getting a VIN now. I won't be surprised if you are already soft-matched given your window tightened ... GL!
Yeah. Technically the end date did go from march 18 to 16. So that’s good and it definitely is 2 weeks now. So hopefully. I been on the stage of “I should get my vin in the next few days” for so long lol. But I think now I am really in that stage… maybe. 🙄

Yeah. Technically the end date did go from march 18 to 16. So that’s good and it definitely is 2 weeks now. So hopefully. I been on the stage of “I should get my vin in the next few days” for so long lol. But I think now I am really in that stage… maybe. 🙄
Considering how far your MY has to be transported, it'll likely be rolling off the line any day now. Mine was built on 2/14 and isn't expected to arrive at the SC in Ohio until 2/27. Yours will probably be en route for close to three weeks - plenty of time to fret over when you'll get a firm delivery date after they divulge the VIN.

Reactions: KangThe
View attachment 909135
On the minus side, a build date of Feb 5 suggests it might have been rejected. On the plus side, you can probably pick it up this week!
I heard it takes a while to get here to the Midwest?
Mine was "born" 2/2 and arrived at the dealer on 2/13.
Don't think mine was a reject cause I requested to leave the plastic on the screen and it was on there when I went to pick it up.

Funny thing all the Y's and 3's at my dealer have more than 20 miles while this is showing 4 🤨

Don't think mine was a reject cause I requested to leave the plastic on the screen and it was on there when I went to pick it up.

Funny thing all the Y's and 3's at my dealer have more than 20 miles while this is showing 4 🤨
11 days sounds about right. The one I linked is in inventory right now with a build date 13 days ago. From my observations, most MYLRs that show up in inventory have build dates less than one week prior. I'm not saying this particular MYLR is a reject, only that it's a possibility. It might be that the person who ordered it couldn't arrange financing, or never showed up for delivery. All I'm saying is that the build date was long ago enough that this car has probably been at the SC for a while, and anyone interested in it should be on the lookout for possible defects.

11 days sounds about right. The one I linked is in inventory right now with a build date 13 days ago. From my observations, most MYLRs that show up in inventory have build dates less than one week prior. I'm not saying this particular MYLR is a reject, only that it's a possibility. It might be that the person who ordered it couldn't arrange financing, or never showed up for delivery. All I'm saying is that the build date was long ago enough that this car has probably been at the SC for a while, and anyone interested in it should be on the lookout for possible defects.
Got it.
Had me worried there for a bit! ;)

Seems our Ys were built in the same batch. My build date is also 2/2.
Picking it up on Tuesday. **fingers crossed**

Reactions: chobra
Just a quick update guys. I allocated to a vehicle in transit last Tuesday. Same spec only upgraded to induction wheels. Delivery scheduled for this Wednesday! Will be an Austin build for what it’s worth. Very excited.

Reactions: chobra