Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
History
Jan 13 (3am ET): OD. Config: Blue Ext / White Int / 19" / 5-seater / No other opts
Jan 15: EDD- Jan 28 to Feb 25
Jan 27: VIN assigned (Fremont build, PF667)
Feb 1: EDD updated to Feb 9 to Feb 18
Feb 3: Prompted for take delivery on Feb 13 or Feb 14. Selected 14.
Feb 8: Tesla informed my vehicle was compromised during logistics. VIN removed from my RN, Tesla informed will be assigned a new one.
Feb 10: EDD for Feb 22 to Mar 22
Feb 12: "New" VIN assigned. (Fremont build, PF67). EDD: Feb 16 - Feb 25.
Feb 12: Scheduled DD to Feb 21.

Feb 21: DD!! Picked up the car. Had 15 mi. in it. Build quality seems great. Minor issues in places hard to see, etc. Not bothered much. Dropped it off for PPF.
Have you received NJ permanent plate? Thanks

That’s a bummer. Can you get a hold off your SA? I’m in White Plains area which is close to the service center. Hope you get yours soon. Good luck.
Thanks. Good luck to you, too. I did an online order, but I called the Smithtown SC last week where I'm taking delivery and the rep could only tell me that since my EDD range is narrowed I am close to receiving a VIN. It seems that Tesla is banging out the blue/white MYLRs as I see several folks including yourself are getting VIN's.

Received my MYP today! It was a very smooth delivery other than light rain on the exterior. They wouldn't let me into the car before I paid and accepted it but that was NBD in the end. The process could have honestly only taken 5 minutes to get in and out of the SC, but I took a long look at the car so it was an hour. Car looked perfect to me with no issues, my cousin who owns a Y also stopped by for a second set of eyes and said the build was great. When it completely dries off i'll give the paint a real good glance but it honestly looked fine. There was a little plastic left in areas of the panoramic window but nothing to complain about. The interior is nice and quiet with no rattles and I am surprised by how the handling was. I was able to punch it a few times and yeah it's fast, really fast. I was expecting it to be a harsh ride but it was better than my previous 2023 VW ID.4 AWD.
I'll share a little story of my two month VW ID.4 journey. Last year in march I placed an order for a Pro S AWD ID.4 and ended buying one that wasn't picked up around Thanksgiving. By Christmas time my car was already in the shop. The VW stranded me three times and was eventually declared a lemon. In total when they found the issue it was at the dealership for 7 weeks. The build quality was good but not any better than this Tesla. The second VW told me they would take it back I jumped on a MY to reserve since the price drop and tax credit would basically make it a wash between the two cars. I'm very happy now and hope to enjoy this MYP for many years to come. The MY stereo is great but not excellent, camera quality is also really good. The white interior looks great and really pops compared to black armrest.
I hope everybody else gets theirs soon and have no issues with delivery!

• Love
Reactions: vet757 and chobra
Received my MYP today! It was a very smooth delivery other than light rain on the exterior. They wouldn't let me into the car before I paid and accepted it but that was NBD in the end. The process could have honestly only taken 5 minutes to get in and out of the SC, but I took a long look at the car so it was an hour. Car looked perfect to me with no issues, my cousin who owns a Y also stopped by for a second set of eyes and said the build was great. When it completely dries off i'll give the paint a real good glance but it honestly looked fine. There was a little plastic left in areas of the panoramic window but nothing to complain about. The interior is nice and quiet with no rattles and I am surprised by how the handling was. I was able to punch it a few times and yeah it's fast, really fast. I was expecting it to be a harsh ride but it was better than my previous 2023 VW ID.4 AWD.
I'll share a little story of my two month VW ID.4 journey. Last year in march I placed an order for a Pro S AWD ID.4 and ended buying one that wasn't picked up around Thanksgiving. By Christmas time my car was already in the shop. The VW stranded me three times and was eventually declared a lemon. In total when they found the issue it was at the dealership for 7 weeks. The build quality was good but not any better than this Tesla. The second VW told me they would take it back I jumped on a MY to reserve since the price drop and tax credit would basically make it a wash between the two cars. I'm very happy now and hope to enjoy this MYP for many years to come. The MY stereo is great but not excellent, camera quality is also really good. The white interior looks great and really pops compared to black armrest.
Wow, that's awesome! Hopefully I have an equal positive experience, if not, it was meant to be.

Update Post: OD 1/13. VIN assigned 2/14. EDD was 2/24-3/6. Today is 2/27 and EDD is 2/26-3/6. No text or email talking about scheduling delivery. Just been told it's in transit. Really crazy I ordered morning of price drop and I'm still waiting.
If you want to give it a try, maybe the scheduling link might show you available days/times to give you a peek into the future. But don't actually schedule the day/time until you get confirmation from Tesla.

Here's the link they gave me to schedule:
tesla.com/schedule/RN#
***replace # with your RN number***

When I try to use the link after I confirm my appt the link stops working for me so it has to be triggered by Tesla because once they had me reschedule and the link worked again

That’s great to hear about your experience. Was it an Austin build or Fremont build ?