Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that a drone captured Model Y's in Quicksilver and Midnight cherry red at the Austin gigafactory ahead of investor day, which starts at 4PM EST. In the event that Elon announces those colors will be live on the website later today, I'm switching my order to cherry red and hope that the tax credit delivery date eligibility gets pushed back. It's a great looking color, as well as quicksilver.
If I didn't like blue so much I would switch to cherry. If I did get cherry, I would dress dapper, pimp, or like Ron Burgundy.

Out of the available options I prefer the following:
Blue > Cherry > Quicksilver > Red > Silver > Black > White

anchorman-memoir.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Trustedpro
Interesting. So maybe Austin will be able to do those new colors. Musk had promised at least one new color for NA but at the same time had said they couldn't do the cherry and silver. Odd that the Austin upgrade announcement was the same week as Elon saying they couldn't do those colors in NA yet no mention if the upgrade would allow them to do so??
Well we may find out in a few hours if they have those cars at the Investor Day event.

Interesting. So maybe Austin will be able to do those new colors. Musk had promised at least one new color for NA but at the same time had said they couldn't do the cherry and silver. Odd that the Austin upgrade announcement was the same week as Elon saying they couldn't do those colors in NA yet no mention if the upgrade would allow them to do so??
Well we may find out in a few hours if they have those cars at the Investor Day event.
Maybe we new color, perhaps purple?

Red_and_blue_mix-1024x576.jpeg

Elon-Musk-Tesla-Model-S-prototype-color.jpg

Update:

Blue / white 5 seat MYLR. Ordered 1/14 and picked up 2/21. Arrived a few days early and I was invited to schedule an earlier pick up but had already cleared my schedule for the 21st so stuck with it.

Great and quick delivery experience. So far no build issues I can see.

Interestingly, I picked the car up at the Lawrenceville NJ delivery center. That center uses a parking lot at a mall across the highway for overflow. I was driving by on the Subday before I took delivery and decided to see if I could find the car there.

Sure enough, I did and did an exterior inspection. At that time, the driver's side taillight cover was misaligned and the top edge was protruding from the body. By the time I picked it up, this was no longer the case and both taillights had their edges flush with the body panels and symmetrical. Somebody at that delivery center is on top of things without the customer even having to ask.
That's great that you got your car delivered timely. I ordered the same car on the same day, neighboring state and I have not even received a VIN. I provided my info and trade-in paperwork right away and I'm paying cash. Not sure if those are contributing factors as to the timing of production, but it seems so random. If I don't get the car by the 17th I'll need to update my trade-in info again making the final payment a moving target.

That's great that you got your car delivered timely. I ordered the same car on the same day, neighboring state and I have not even received a VIN. I provided my info and trade-in paperwork right away and I'm paying cash. Not sure if those are contributing factors as to the timing of production, but it seems so random. If I don't get the car by the 17th I'll need to update my trade-in info again making the final payment a moving target.
Did you get the autopilot or FSD option? I feel like people who added it are getting faster since it’s 6k or 15k easy profit margin with just software upgrades.

My pickup is today at 10.30am But it looks like a open parking lot in a non-Tesla delivery location. Like opposite to Tesla delivery location. And we had hail storm last night in that area. Need to chk for hail damage before accepting. Kind of sucks.

• Informative
Reactions: chobra
Still waiting for delivery, really crazy got Vin on 2/14 and still waiting for transport to my local SC. Also found out the check I sent to pay for the car got sent back to my bank because Tesla deposited it but never endorsed it. So my bank couldn't verify who cashed it SMH

question for people who already received vin or took delivery - did anyone receive it from Austin or all white interior from Fremont
My white is from Fermont. Matrix headlight. Got vin 2/14 and Took delivery today.

The car was late because they wer running behind on cleaning it.

I had a scratch in the hood. My second row won’t lift up to get into third row seat. Panel gaps are there on the rear.

It was weird when I clicked on view terms on the app and it accepted delivery.

But I’m happy with the car. Scheduled appointment to fix the issues.
Thank god no hail damages from last night. 😀

Got a text today in the afternoon to schedule delivery. Scheduled it for March 6th. Hope everything goes well.
Called local service center for early delivery and they mentioned car reached today morning and I can pick today if available. Reserved appointment for today @4:30pm. Will update here once delivery is taken on how it went. Hope everything goes fine :)

• Love