Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome good to hear! Good luck with it! They offered me a different when I initially asked If my delivery date was true. I was tempted but my wife said black seats were a no go and to wait. Did you trade in with Tesla? I finally got a trade in value from them and it was absurdly low. Has anyone had that issue? I am going to sell the car myself.
Awesome good to hear! Good luck with it! They offered me a different when I initially asked If my delivery date was true. I was tempted but my wife said black seats were a no go and to wait. Did you trade in with Tesla? I finally got a trade in value from them and it was absurdly low. Has anyone had that issue? I am going to sell the car myself.
I thought I replied but I don’t see it. I traded in with Tesla. They offered the most out of the 5 companies I tried.

This is really strange. I ordered after you and mine just says August 2022. MYLR, White/white/no tow/no FSD. If you go out there and try to configure the same way does it still say November?
The variable seems to be interior color. If I reconfigure with white interior, the EDD jumps to August. Black now says December, so I guess I'm lucky to have "locked in" November.

Reactions: jleeusn
For fellow January orders, has anyone attempted a trade-in with Tesla and received a value back? Mine has been pending for a number of days now. What's the typical turnaround time? It seems like it should be a pretty straightforward thing and I'm wondering if it's holding anything up by not being completed.

For fellow January orders, has anyone attempted a trade-in with Tesla and received a value back? Mine has been pending for a number of days now. What's the typical turnaround time? It seems like it should be a pretty straightforward thing and I'm wondering if it's holding anything up by not being completed.
Didn’t take me that long, but, it will expire after 30 days, so better off selecting no trade in. 30 days or so out from your EDD, they will
Contact you to ask if you want to trade in. And if not, SA can change.

Didn’t take me that long, but, it will expire after 30 days, so better off selecting no trade in. 30 days or so out from your EDD, they will
Contact you to ask if you want to trade in. And if not, SA can change.
Good point. I'm more interested in seeing what ballpark they come back at so I can know now if I'll need to consider alternative options when the time to get rid of the car actually arrives.

I have the same temptation, and the same reasons for not doing it as you.
I did this. Cost me $250 for the option. I like the wheels though. Ideally I'd have a 7 seater but that isn't an option with the P.

Still not sure which one I will take. I was always going to buy the acceleration boost upgrade for the MYLR so that factors into the decision. I fully expect both EDDs to be pushed back, but the difference in delivery is striking.

Last edited:
I did this. Cost me $250 for the option. I like the wheels though. Ideally I'd have a 7 seater but that isn't an option with the P.

Still not sure which one I will take. I was always going to buy the acceleration boost upgrade for the MYLR so that factors into the decision. I fully expect both EDDs to be pushed back, but the difference in delivery is striking.
I imagine driving to the chiropractor 3x a week on those low profile tires. But I am in a state made of potholes. You can always sell or trade them if you don't like them.

Not in my case. $2k less than Tesla, and $4k less than the chevy dealership.
I guess it depends on vehicle then. I got $4000 more than I paid (Rubicon 4xe). Carvana was $4000 under, CarMax was $5000 under.
So, I got paid $4000 to do a 6 month test drive (plus I keep the $7500 tax credit). The problem is... now I have no car and have to rent for 6 weeks to get me to mid March ($1200).
Doh!

I guess it depends on vehicle then. I got $4000 more than I paid (Rubicon 4xe). Carvana was $4000 under, CarMax was $5000 under.
So, I got paid $4000 to do a 6 month test drive (plus I keep the $7500 tax credit). The problem is... now I have no car and have to rent for 6 weeks to get me to mid March ($1200).
Doh!
It all depends on their proprietary "algorithms" they use to price the car. If there stock of that model is low in that territory and there's a high demand, you'll get a high offer etc... I sold my 2019 Lexus GX460 to Carvana in November for what I paid for it new two years ago. Their offer was $2k higher than Vroom, Shift, or CarMax. It's all about timing. A few weeks later they had about 75 GX's on their website and I'm sure the offer would have been less.