Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MSM MYP with white interior from inventory on friday evening 1 SEP. Picking up 3 Sep in Burbank. I cant believe how much cheaper they have gotten so far. I test drove about 1.5 years ago and was quoted ~ 75k out the door. Now here we are about to pick one up for a few hundred more of what I paid out the door for my 2019 Model 3 four years ago. Tax credits etc not even factored in yet. I couldnt resist.

Reactions: Pricedm
Delivery updated from 8/30-9/8 to 9/5-9/14.

MYP, order placed 8/20. Pretty deflating ordering the P in small part bc of the fast delivery, then watching it keep getting bumped back, and having it still take a month.

MYLR
White
5 seat white
19" wheels
Tow package
Enhanced Autopilot

OD: 8/8
ODD: Aug-Sep
EDD1: 21Aug-05Sep
EDD2: 24Aug-Sep08
EDD3: 28-Sep11
EDD4: 29Aug-11Sep
EDD5: 30Aug-11Sep
EDD6: 31Aug-09Sep

VIN: 31 Aug 7SAYGDEE8PF872xxx
My VIN is 7SAYGDEE7PF870XXX

I ordered on August 28 and have same specs but no tow package and no enhanced autopilot.

I live within 25 miles of Fremont factory and my EDD is Sep 6 - Sep 25

MYLR
Red
20’’ Induction Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
OD: Aug 19
ODD: Aug-Sept
EDD: None
VIN: None
EDD1: August 29th ~ September 11th
EDD2: September 6th ~ September 30th
EDD3: September 3rd ~ September 16th
EDD4: September 4th ~ September 16th
EDD5: September 5th ~ September 16th
VIN: PF873, received 7pm PST on September 5th
Delivery scheduled for Saturday 9/9 at 11:30am
Delivery: delayed, car wasn't ready, delivered at 12:30pm
Build date: 09/2023. Came with front mud-guards.
Build quality: 98% perfect. Slight misalignment of both front doors (this is a smaller misalignment than my 2023 Lexus hood misalignment, FWIW. Not gonna fix), and a small finger smudge on headliner. Zero rattles.

Total time from order to delivery: 21 days exactly. Custom order, not inventory.

Last edited:
I bought a 2021 MYLR in May 2021 and put 32k trouble free miles on it. Love the car and had no plans to upgrade but with the crazy deals going on right now I decided to look online at what was available and I am simply blown away. I just ordered an in transit MSM MYP on Sunday 9-10 that was discounted $4,400 from sticker with an additional $500 referral discount. Total price including destination and order fee was $52,190. Add in the $7,500 federal tax credit and this car is an unbelievable bargain. I sold my MYLR online and am picking up the MYP Friday here in Orlando. There are definitely some amazing deals to be had for those that are inclined. Hard to believe these were selling for $75k out the door 12-18 months ago!

Reactions: Gizmo35 and MacO512
Went to pick up my new Y perf and the mobile app won’t show the controls or safety and security sections in the app you used to be able to use the controls without phone key. Anyone know a fix?
1694616543282.png

I bought a 2021 MYLR in May 2021 and put 32k trouble free miles on it. Love the car and had no plans to upgrade but with the crazy deals going on right now I decided to look online at what was available and I am simply blown away. I just ordered an in transit MSM MYP on Sunday 9-10 that was discounted $4,400 from sticker with an additional $500 referral discount. Total price including destination and order fee was $52,190. Add in the $7,500 federal tax credit and this car is an unbelievable bargain. I sold my MYLR online and am picking up the MYP Friday here in Orlando. There are definitely some amazing deals to be had for those that are inclined. Hard to believe these were selling for $75k out the door 12-18 months ago!

Yeah the deals are awesome right now - between the thousands of discounts on inventory cars as well as people that can claim the tax credit - not to mention some states have additional incentives.

If you find a good price selling your used Tesla you can basically get a brand new one with 0 miles for nearly the same price.

This is on my iPad which I have a model 3 and it lets me control everything without having phone key set up
I setup my tablet as a second phone key. In vehicle on locks can change it so it doesn't autoswitch profiles.

Without phone key setup maybe there is a place to enable controlling more, not sure if thats in the vehicle, tesla account, app, or if its now just something that changed and is no longer possible.

I just took delivery of my MYP here in Orlando and it could not have gone better. Although the experience is light years from buying a luxury German car, it was much better today than when I bought my first Tesla in May 2021. The fit and finish on the car is excellent, no panel gaps whatsoever, the paint actually looks good, and everything works as it should. Seems to me like Freemont finally has it dialed in regarding build quality!

Attachments

• 2023 Tesla MYP.jpg
    2023 Tesla MYP.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Gizmo35 and MacO512