Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Charger Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides the bad order experience (Promised every week for a month that the charger would ship "this week" and they didnt include the free spacer they offered and ignored repeated efforts to cancel the order) I opened the charger and it barely works.

Using an iPhone 8 with no case there is only about a 1/8" spot that I need to hit for it to start charging. Even then it only picks it up about 25% of the time. I often have to pick up the phone and put it back down several times for it to start charging. To make the problem worse the phone does not touch the baseboard in this spot so once it slides down the pad to the baseboard it stops charging.

Any advice?

Attachments

• charges.jpg
    charges.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 131
  • doesnt charge.jpg
    doesnt charge.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Dang...that sucks. I placed my order over a week ago and I had heard they take a long time to ship, but I was hoping the product would be worth the wait, based on the prior reviews I have read. I may try to cancel and just pick up a Nomad or another cheaper alternative from Amazon.

Here is my fix.

ProClip with "custom" wireless charging that works perfect.
Just drop it in and go. Working with case. Never misses. Easier to operate and see. GPS is now usable too. Love it.

45889000335_6526d15021_h_d.jpg

Yeh thats why Im a bit baffled. No one else seems to have such a small and unreliable charge zone.
Could also be that everyone else is using a bigger phone. ;) The iPhone 8 is small by today's standards, so the center of its internal coil is relatively low on the pad. Aligning the coils with phones of different sizes is a fundamental issue with vertical Qi chargers. You may need a spacer to raise the phone a bit, or get the charger from Tesla which has larger coils (it works fine with my iPhone 8). Or perhaps it may work better if you use landscape charging on the Jeda (which uses the low center coil in the pad).

Could also be that everyone else is using a bigger phone. ;) The iPhone 8 is small by today's standards, so the center of its internal coil is relatively low on the pad. Aligning the coils with phones of different sizes is a fundamental issue with vertical Qi chargers. You may need a spacer to raise the phone a bit, or get the charger from Tesla which has larger coils (it works fine with my iPhone 8). Or perhaps it may work better if you use landscape charging on the Jeda (which uses the low center coil in the pad).

I have the same issues with the landscape coil. Only about 25% reliable detection and I need to hit an exact spot withe phone.

It maybe the coil with the smaller iPhone 8. I have had zero issues with the charging in all three charging areas. I have an iPhone Xs. I will agree with others that have stated the delivery delay. It was suppose to be two weeks and it took nearly six weeks. The product again has worked as advertised for me

It maybe the coil with the smaller iPhone 8. I have had zero issues with the charging in all three charging areas. I have an iPhone Xs. I will agree with others that have stated the delivery delay. It was suppose to be two weeks and it took nearly six weeks. The product again has worked as advertised for me

Ditto - Installed my V2 Jeda wireless charger yesterday and it’s charging my iPhone XS in all three configurations just fine. I was never promised spacers for wired charging.

Working fine with an iPhone XS Max in an original Apple leather case here. If i were in your situation i would 3d print a spacer myself... If you have a 3d printer or know someone that has one, that would be a good fix.

Jeda charged my card two weeks ago and I followed up by emailing them a week later regarding shipment. They responded with thankful patience and that "...your product will ship within the next few days". Another week later and Nada! I've sent another email stating that they ship or refund my card. Furthermore, they should not customarily charge customers for products until the order is complete and ready for shipment. As many have already warned in TMC about Jeda; Caveat Emptor!

I bought my Gen 2 Jeda Pad in April, and the Left side and bottom is no longer working today. I feel my left USB port is now defective since I brought the pack in my house and used the same cable to test the left, bottom and right side of the pad. Only the R side of the pad is charging now. I just contacted Jeda, and will see how they respond. Unfortunately, from what I read online, the warranty is only for 6 months and I'm beyond that point. My 15$ CAD wireless Qi charger pad at home is 3 years old and still going strong.

In the back of my head though, I only connected the L USB port and left the R USB port unplugged since I purchased because I wanted a side to not charge when I don't want to do so. This morning, I came back to the car after grabbing a coffee and noticed my car automatically reset. Was there a short circuit? This is only speculation at this point for me.

EDIT: Jeda replied to me within 5 minutes for additional info and address, quite a quick response, now to see what they'll do with my new information I gave them.