Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing a lot of helpful dialogue here about different Model Y hubs currently available and the frustration of Jeda's long wait time.

Ran into 3 so far and listed prices (as of 7/29 920 am EST posting):

$29 from TAPTES TAPTES Tesla Model 3 & Model Y USB Hub
$49 from RPM Model 3 & Y USB Hub Dock - $49 with 20% Off (after using 20% off code)
$79 from Jeda Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub for Sentry Mode, Dashcam, and Storage

I do understand from Jeda's email the pain of other companies that produce the same products that you may have originally thought up, but I guess this is corporate America and you can't blame someone else for trying to make similar products.

That being said, does anyone have strong feelings to go w/ Jeda's given it's significant price difference? Does it offer *that* much more than the other ones? Saw a post earlier stating there's potentially better quality in the circuitry of Jeda's? If that's true, has someone done a comparison of the innards between Jeda's product and others?

Seeing a lot of helpful dialogue here about different Model Y hubs currently available and the frustration of Jeda's long wait time.

$49 from RPM Model 3 & Y USB Hub Dock - $49 with 20% Off (after using 20% off code)
$79 from Jeda Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub for Sentry Mode, Dashcam, and Storage

I do understand from Jeda's email the pain of other companies that produce the same products that you may have originally thought up, but I guess this is corporate America and you can't blame someone else for trying to make similar products.

That being said, does anyone have strong feelings to go w/ Jeda's given it's significant price difference? Does it offer *that* much more than the other ones? Saw a post earlier stating there's potentially better quality in the circuitry of Jeda's? If that's true, has someone done a comparison of the innards between Jeda's product and others?

This is my first Tesla so I have no experience with the various hubs. Since pre-ordering my Model Y on reveal night over a year ago, I was looking up every video I could find about Model 3 accessories. IIRC, someone made a video where they compared power/charge with the Taptes/Jeda hubs and the Jeda hub outperformed the Taptes version. Despite slow shipping, I've heard lots of great things about Jeda products themselves (I received my V3 pad a few weeks ago) and I like their design the most, plus they're a local company and I'm one to support local efforts. I'm sure RPM is just marking up a Chinese copy which may even be made by Taptes' manufacturer (interestingly, I tried checking the link you provided and it looks like the hub was removed from RPM's site).

This is my first Tesla so I have no experience with the various hubs. Since pre-ordering my Model Y on reveal night over a year ago, I was looking up every video I could find about Model 3 accessories. IIRC, someone made a video where they compared power/charge with the Taptes/Jeda hubs and the Jeda hub outperformed the Taptes version. Despite slow shipping, I've heard lots of great things about Jeda products themselves (I received my V3 pad a few weeks ago) and I like their design the most, plus they're a local company and I'm one to support local efforts. I'm sure RPM is just marking up a Chinese copy which may even be made by Taptes' manufacturer (interestingly, I tried checking the link you provided and it looks like the hub was removed from RPM's site).

Thanks for your thoughts/input. That's kind of what I gathered too. Knowing that you caught a video comparing Taptes w/ Jeda is good to know - I'll prob go check it out just to say I did.

I don't think there's anything egregious about any of the hubs that are available...but as customers, just want to make the informed decision where I'm spending X amount more to get X, Y, Z features more (or less).

For instance, it would be a huge bummer if the charging power of the wireless charger that comes w/ the MY decreases if used w/ a certain hub, it would be good to know. If someone doesn't care about the power lost and wants to save $50 bucks, at least it's an informed decision.

.....so I know we all received a letter last week saying that Jeda would be completing their testing by this past Monday. They also said we should receive a communication informing us of the results and timeline. Has anyone received anything like that?

From an email sent last Friday:

Tesla fam and friends,

If you can give us a minute, we'd appreciate it.

You've probably seen alot of emails coming from us to you with coupon codes recently. There's a reason for that. This year has been pretty hard for our team and company. We've been decimated by a few companies who have chosen to copy the only products in our line, which support our team, and help us fund upcoming products we've been working on. Over the past year, we've seen our products plagiarized to an uncanny degree, our text copied word-for-word, and our copyrighted images used to sell aforementioned products.

Many of these companies sell hundreds of products and operate outside of the U.S. By comparison, we sell three products.

On top of the above, COVID-19 has affected many small businesses like Jeda. Some things we've actively done to combat this are to upgrade our products and work on improving what we do offer to our customers. Our shipping times have been slow (notoriously slow), and our team is small, but we are damn passionate about Tesla, and we love this community. We're committed to constantly providing and producing things which are custom, unique, essential, and of utmost quality. We're hopeful we'll be able to show you what we are working on next soon for the Model 3 and Model Y, after we ship out our Model Y hubs to you all!

If you see our name pop up in your timeline, your feed, in a group, forum, or anywhere else please help share , retweet, or refer our products. By doing so you boost visibility to what we DESIGN, what we ENGINEER and what we MAKE, and help us continue to do what we love most: make cool things, for cool people, with cool cars. We have no plans to stop doing that, and are committed to continuing our mission with new and novel projects.

Below you'll also find some wonderful small local businesses that make Tesla goods. These aren't sponsored, just some we have come to know. You'll also find a few recent reviews on our products and other random stuff we decided to throw into this pretty frank email.

Have questions for us, product recommendations or ideas, suggestions to improve, or just want to share a thought or a friendly hello? Email us back. We may not reply right away, but our team would love to hear your thoughts and we take all feedback seriously.

A warm thanks,

The Jeda Team

From last thursday:

Tesla Model Y

(and Model 3 2020)

USB Hub

Update

Hello all! We know you have been extremely patient in waiting for our next update, and we are working on providing that to you in the coming week. Here's some updates so far on what we have worked on and finished up with the Model Y/Model 3 2020 Hubs. As some of you may know, what makes our hubs different is that we personally engineer, develop, and in-house test the electronics used within our hubs. Since they aren't basic "splitters," but rather full fledged hubs which split the power, this involves designing and tweaking prototypes, and testing continuously.

What has been accomplished:

✓ The physical hubs have finalized production (plastic housing)

✓ We have used the schematics and blueprints we acquired from Munro and Associates, to revise our electronics.

✓ We have made a few different iterations of electronic boards, and the most recent iteration is working perfectly and nearly finished.

✓ We have completed 9 of the the 12 tests for the PCB board, and only have a few more to go.

What has to be finalized:

- 3 final tests remain for the electronics which we are conducting, and which should commence on Monday.

- Final production of the electronic boards

- Final assembly of the electronic boards + hub housing

- Final packaging, labelling, and shipping of orders.

So this is currently where we stand. Over the past few months we've gone through a few different boards, and all worked, but we found minor flaws in them that didn't meet our standards. Our most recent PCB board is finalizing our last round of tests in regards to storage and charging. These tests don't just occur on a "single" board, but rather on a mass amount of boards. When we test, we test a large quantity of boards to ensure no issue pops up in them. Once these tests commence, our final production of the PCB boards will begin, followed by assembly, and then followed by us packaging and shipping them out to you. The final tests will be done on all the boards by Monday.

You have been waiting a long time for this product. We know that. We understand that. We will only reiterate what we've said in the past, which is that we refuse to ship products which aren't perfect or meet the standards we hold ourselves to.

With the above said, we'd also like to stress the importance of what is happening in the world today. We've never been the fastest at shipping products, in fact we've always had issues with that, mostly due to size constraints. COVID-19 has compounded that over the past few months, and made all the things we normally do, slower and a bit more difficult. Shipments are slower. Warehouses run at a lower capacity. Testing must be done at a distance and in crowds of 5 or less. Customs is facing delays. To be clear, we're not using COVID-19 as an outright excuse, as this lies on us, but it's something which plays a factor in timing, unfortunately.

Our next update is again, coming soon. Final tests will be conducted by next Monday and an email update will follow immediately after.

Of course, if you don't want to wait for your order - we do offer free cancellations anytime before we ship. With that said, there's nothing on the market which is providing this option for new Model 3's or Model Y's, that is a real hub. We're pretty confident that all the electronics and PCB designs we've been working on are the most advanced at safely and effectively handling the needs of storage, charging, and multiple devices in your vehicle.

This has been a very long email. If you made it to the end, thank you.

Thanks for supporting our company and our team during this crazy time, and for your understanding with everything.

- The Jeda Team

Jeda Wireless Pad V3

The best wireless phone charger for the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y, just got better. Fast charging for your Android, Pixel, and iPhone device.

Learn More »

Jeda Model 3 USB Hub V2

Designed for the Model 3 with two front facing USB port inlets.

Buy now »

Copyright © 2020 Jeda Products, All rights reserved.

You are receiving this order because you placed an order our website, www.getjeda.com

Our mailing address is:

Jeda Products

18960 Ventura Blvd #73

Encino, CA 91316

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

I used a code and got Jeda for $10 off and after looking closely at all 3 on the market I think the Jeda looks more premium so I went with it.

ordered last week and they just told me it will be another month out.

Let's hope so, but based on past experience with my last order of the 1st gen hub and wireless pad, they are just getting shipping labels prepared in advance. My order didn't get picked up for over a week from when the label was created.

Not in the fray regarding Jeda one way or the other, but I can't let this statement go.

When one chooses to use a factory in China, one must expect theft of IP and take very aggressive measures to minimize that risk. Happens all the time.

This has nothing to do with "corporate America." Just corruption in intellectual property protection in China.

The fact that they had their IP copied is not the problem. The problem is that they lack management skill at the appropriate level to have addressed this in their business and marketing plan and also address their poor communication. They are a small operation, but there are lots of small businesses that are succeeding and managing not to annoy their customers at the same time.

Reactions: ragedogg69
I just received this from Jeda....I appreciate them giving us an accurate update. I'm going to hang in there until the end on this product.

Hello all!

Here's your comprehensive (aka long) email from us.

We've finished up the tests and everything is working WONDERFULLY. Right now we've shifted completely towards production.

What has been accomplished:

Last update:
✓ The physical hubs have finalized production (plastic housing)
✓ We have used the schematics and blueprints we acquired from Munro and Associates, to revise our electronics.
✓ We have made a few different iterations of electronic boards, and the most recent iteration is working perfectly and nearly finished.

This update:
✓ We have completed all tests
✓ We have begun production of our electronic boards
✓ We have begun production for the remaining components for this hub (packaging, cables, and magnetic compartment doors)

What has to be finalized:
- Production commences
- Final assembly of the electronic boards + hub housing
- Final packaging, labeling, and shipping of orders.

As we've mentioned before, the Model Y and new Model 3's have a totally different internal hub/chip, which regulates power very differently. What we found was that even some store-bought hubs did not work correctly with certain ports on the Model Y, and we had to personally engineer a way to produce our own electronics that would work properly, work effectively, and work safely. This has taken a long time.b It's cost us cancellations. It's created customer and employee frustration alike. We know this. We're sorry. We also know that we take responsibility for the products we make, and we would/could never produce if we felt we were not making a product that met our responsibility as a seller. We're extremely happy to be able to send this email letting you all know, the final stretch is here and we're finally in production.

Currently Model Y/Model 3 2020 hubs are in production and will be finalizing by end of August/first week of September with shipments beginning September. Production of electronics combined with assembly will take about this long. We will then begin shipping asap to pending order. You'll receive an email from us before the end of August to let you know production has finalized and we're getting ready to ship.

We'll reiterate what we said in our last email, because unfortunately the world hasn't gotten much better in recent weeks and businesses/logistics still face the same issues:

"With the above said, we'd also like to stress the importance of what is happening in the world today. We've never been the fastest at shipping products, in fact we've always had issues with that, mostly due to size constraints. COVID-19 has compounded that over the past few months, and made all the things we normally do, slower and a bit more difficult. Shipments are slower. Warehouses run at a lower capacity."

Of course, if you don't want to wait for your order - we do offer free cancellations anytime before we ship. Similarly, if you also want to specify a courier for us to ship your order with, just let us know!

There's nothing on the market which is providing this option for new Model 3's or Model Y's that is a real hub or even readily available (we imagine others are probably waiting for us to finish the hard work first :) ) We're confident that our USB Hub, albeit not the fastest to ship out, is the safest and best option for handling the needs of storage, charging, and more
1f3ae
1f3b5
1f50b
1f4be

If you made it to the end of this email, you rock. Better too much info than not enough. Thanks for supporting our company and our team during this crazy time.

- The Jeda Team