Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it too soon to consider this company as a scammer? I am about to submit a credit card fraud claim.
They are small - I also have an order in for a hub -- they said September -- I'll give them until October and then ask for my money back. They put the hub on sale - $15 off -- I wrote them and the credited me. I told them I was unhappy it was taking so long - they apologized and said I could cancel any time. What I don't like is that they charged the credit card. I shouldn't have to fund their production or R&D. Im sure the units are done just on some ship from China...

• Informative
Reactions: NaiWiste
They are small - I also have an order in for a hub -- they said September -- I'll give them until October and then ask for my money back. They put the hub on sale - $15 off -- I wrote them and the credited me. I told them I was unhappy it was taking so long - they apologized and said I could cancel any time. What I don't like is that they charged the credit card. I shouldn't have to fund their production or R&D. Im sure the units are done just on some ship from China...
Are these any different then the ones out there already?? I see them on all sites that sell Tesla accessories..

Are these any different then the ones out there already?? I see them on all sites that sell Tesla accessories..

Supposedly Jeda's engineering is superior and the hub has more features - full power on each port to charge -- overload protection etc. Additionally - supposedly-a number of the knockoffs on amazon have copied their design. Jeda sent out a letter hinting at that - I believe its on this thread somewhere. Im waiting for the Jeda hub as I believe from an engineering point of view - its better. It also costs more. If they don't deliver in September im cancelling on principle and will try a knock off.

Supposedly Jeda's engineering is superior and the hub has more features - full power on each port to charge -- overload protection etc.
"Full power on each port" would overload the source USB connection to the car. It's more correct to say it passes charging current to all ports, but not all ports can simultaneously handle a full load. Or does the Jeda connect to 12V and supply its own 5V?

"Full power on each port" would overload the source USB connection to the car. It's more correct to say it passes charging current to all ports, but not all ports can simultaneously handle a full load. Or does the Jeda connect to 12V and supply its own 5V?

They have instructions on their site about how to connect the charging pad to the 12v outlet in the console so maybe you could do it with the hub instead?

They have instructions on their site about how to connect the charging pad to the 12v outlet in the console so maybe you could do it with the hub instead?
That's what I have in place currently. I was doing that since Gen 1 of their charging pad came out.

You can't connect the hub to the 12v without a mess of wires which defeats the purpose of the hub.

Reactions: xtnvieira
Just received this from Jeda:

Hi there!

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch with us. We sincerely appreciate your order
Model Y/new Model 3 hubs are pre-orders at this time. We are releasing our next update later this week for all pre-order customers!

Prior to shipping, our team will send out an email to notify you of upcoming ETA's and relevant order info.

Please make sure we are not marked as spam so you can receive these!

Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you have any other questions

I emailed them asking about availability and delivery and this is what I got back.

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Honestly, the shipping time is a few weeks for these hubs unfortunately. We send an update every few weeks, but our main concern is replying to emails as fast as possible.

If you don't want to wait, I would advise ordering towards the end of September :)

I've had enough with them... after countless "its a few weeks out" emails, and lack of communication over email when I do pose questions its just not worth it anymore.. they have had my money since May, 4 months and nothing to show for it.

I've had enough with them... after countless "its a few weeks out" emails, and lack of communication over email when I do pose questions its just not worth it anymore.. they have had my money since May, 4 months and nothing to show for it.

They had my money since June 28th. Lucky me!

Attachments

• jedahub.png
    jedahub.png
    530.3 KB · Views: 60
Just go this email today.

"
Hi there!

We have added the coupon to your current order.

We are releasing our next update via email very soon! At present we are working on finalizing the production end and finalizing assembly for shipments.

Please make sure we are not marked as spam so you can receive these!"