Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally after all this time I got my hub... went to put my SSD drive into it... Doesn't fit... my drive is too big.. UGGGHHH talk about a massive let down. Either way I can just plug it on one of the external ports, but was looking forward to having it tucked inside.. What drives does everyone out there use? maybe I'll just take the plunge and get a new one that fits.

Finally after all this time I got my hub... went to put my SSD drive into it... Doesn't fit... my drive is too big.. UGGGHHH talk about a massive let down. Either way I can just plug it on one of the external ports, but was looking forward to having it tucked inside.. What drives does everyone out there use? maybe I'll just take the plunge and get a new one that fits.
I am sorry to hear that your drive does not fit. You will be better off using ultra sdcard and a card reader. Sd cards can be very high performance. They can also handle much colder and warmer temperatures as compared with a drive. I got 400 gb card and a reader. I think it was a San disk

Reactions: rxlawdude
I'm using a Samsung T7 500GB SSD.

Reactions: saltsman

I bought a 1 tb SD card. Needed a short usb cable because the card reader I used was a bit large.

I received my hub finally, and now that my Samsung T7 is set up the way I want, I’m ready to stick it in the hidden compartment. But...the cable is just too long! I can’t figure out how to connect the drive and not have the cable loop and push the door open. Am I the only one who has this issue?

I received my hub finally, and now that my Samsung T7 is set up the way I want, I’m ready to stick it in the hidden compartment. But...the cable is just too long! I can’t figure out how to connect the drive and not have the cable loop and push the door open. Am I the only one who has this issue?
So your cable doesn't look like the picture shown here? It appear it shouldn't be causing problems. Maybe Jeda can send you a shorter cable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.24.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.24.02 PM.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Same setup, no issues at all. Is your drive oriented the correct way? *edit* nevermind, I don't even see how it could be.

Last edited:
So your cable doesn't look like the picture shown here? It appear it shouldn't be causing problems. Maybe Jeda can send you a shorter cable.

My cable seems like it’s about 50% longer than the one in the photos...just enough longer to be a problem. But by kinking it a bit, I was able to get it work. If the kink in the cable causes me issues, I’m guessing that I could replace the cable either through Jeda or through Amazon.

Reactions: gunthermic
Yes, the one they created for the updated center console.

Yes, the one they created for the updated center console.

Ah ok. Thought you meant an even newer one than that.

Do you have this version of the HUB? I'm wondering if they're actually shipping them. I ordered one late last year and haven't heard a peep.

My console hub (for refreshed console) actually has been shipped but Jeda is using one of the cheapest UPS methods called UPS Mail Innovations which is "not a day defined service". Shipped on Dec.20 and still nowhere to be seen, I hope it will be delivered in this month.
I will not buy another Jeda product again since the customer services is not up to my standard. My shipment had been delayed for multiple times and I actually asked them for a refund if my order has not been shipped but was told that my order will be shipped soon and they ignored my request for a refund. Buying a new product from Jeda is kind of like buying from Kickstarter or Indiegogo, you have to hope for the best!

Last edited by a moderator: