TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

John Stossel and Fox News on AP in Model S.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ElectricTundra, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

LAWD did you read the comments? I just can't with these people.

2. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

I keep repeating that this is a problem. Hope Tesla is listening. There is a proposed countermeasure in my post history.

edit - and please no one quote the damn manual like the first comment in the link and all over TMC. Documentation is not a substitute for design.

3. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

I do agree that the alarm signaling the disengage should be louder. I have inadvertently disengaged it by grazing the brake.

4. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

IMHO doesn't matter what the sound is or how loud. If you disengage via steering input, you're already dedicating all your mental capacity to the task at hand (i.e. avoiding an accident) the sound will not register. You're left in a mental state where you don't remember you disabled it. Call it stupid human tricks or whatever you want, it's how magicians can do magic tricks on video and people STILL don't see what the trick was until it's explained.

TLDR: permanently disabling autosteer by steering input is bad human interface design.