Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Parking not marked yet

Reactions: Hairyman
Jolt is what it is.. it's a community based charger, not unlike a 22kW AC unit.
It'll be used by those who live locally and may not have home charging, or those eating at a cafe and looking for an opportunity charge.

Not designed for someone looking for a full quick charge.

Jolt is what it is.. it's a community based charger, not unlike a 22kW AC unit.
It'll be used by those who live locally and may not have home charging, or those eating at a cafe and looking for an opportunity charge.

Not designed for someone looking for a full quick charge.

Oh, I have no issue with Jolt being what it is.

I have an issue with them calling 25 kW “fast”.

I have an issue with them calling 25 kW “fast”.
Agree that they aren't particularly fast.

But generally global definitions (though lots of people use different terms) seem to be:
Granny (Lev 1) - slowest common pervasive AC plug - so 10A in AU, 13A in UK, 10A 120/240 US
Slow (Lev 2) - rest of the AC chargers up to 32/40A
Fast (Lev 3) - anything DC
Ultra/Super-Fast - DC above 100kW

Jolt seems back online a few hours early.

I followed the instructions on Android and deleted old app and followed the email link, which looked the same but downloaded a new app with the new mostly green logo.

New app is more customised with big Jolt pins and generic pics of green boxes (Sydney) versus stalls (Adelaide) and now looks quite different to the Evie app.
(Very similar to Exploren if anyone has that)

Station IDs have also dropped the "G" and a CCS2/CHAdeMO only identifies as a single unit..

Finally seems to have a section to Scan an RFID card at a Jolt station and use that going forward (so maybe can use Chargefox/Evie ID cards or credit cards - too be tested).
Nothing about Plug n Charge like the Chargefox app has.

Stations still aren't showing on Plugshare

Last edited:
Went out to a Jolt Sydney charger to see if I could try to get RFID working... But they don't have a reader - so never going to work.

New app is quite nice. Shows rate in kW to 2dp while charging. Was generally running about 22.7kW for the session for me, with Tesla showing 19 or 20.
And unlike the old app now has an End Session button.
Also has a neat charging speed graph shown at the end of the session.