Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates from folks here?

My edd is now 12/23-12/31 but haven’t gotten a text or anything like others have by this point.
Yes, just picked up our Model Y Performance Saturday. No USS, has Active Matrix headlights and the build quality is outstanding inside and out. From others experiences I was worried I would find panel gaps and other issues. This is a 2023 Fremont build.

E35C805B-ECFE-4763-81B5-368BCAFFD6E8.jpeg

82F0C9C6-A3B1-487D-9729-866E6767DBF5.jpeg

Yes, just picked up our Model Y Performance Saturday. No USS, has Active Matrix headlights and the build quality is outstanding inside and out. From others experiences I was worried I would find panel gaps and other issues. This is a 2023 Fremont build.

View attachment 881701

View attachment 881702
Any updates from folks here?

My edd is now 12/23-12/31 but haven’t gotten a text or anything like others have by this point.
Wow!! Congratulations @Luisito
@Akakkar - Yeah they will be quiet compared to other car deliveries. I got the text in the last week 5-6 days before delivery.

what is the $3,750 discount from?
Tesla is discounting any car delivered in December by $3750. US only.
This is because everyone was delaying deliveries till Jan to hopefully get the $3750 tax credit. Possibly the credit will be $7500 but probably not as the mineral source will likely not qualify.
Tesla wants to get as many cars delivered as possible so they gave the credit to motivate people to stop delaying.

Tesla is discounting any car delivered in December by $3750. US only.
This is because everyone was delaying deliveries till Jan to hopefully get the $3750 tax credit. Possibly the credit will be $7500 but probably not as the mineral source will likely not qualify.
Tesla wants to get as many cars delivered as possible so they gave the credit to motivate people to stop delaying.
Thank you so much for taking the time out to explain this. Ive been trying to not let it bother me but my EDD has been sitting at "December 2022" since October. OOD July 30. I contacted Tesla to no avail. 😪

View attachment 881701

View attachment 881702
Very pretty indeed! My main question is how is the ride quality on those 21” wheels? I was thinking about upgrading to the MYP but the ride quality would be an issue for me. Secondly, how are the matrix lights? What is main difference between them as standard lights? Lastly, do you have the new 5MPs cameras all around?

Reactions: Luisito
Very pretty indeed! My main question is how is the ride quality on those 21” wheels? I was thinking about upgrading to the MYP but the ride quality would be an issue for me. Secondly, how are the matrix lights? What is main difference between them as standard lights? Lastly, do you have the new 5MPs cameras all around?
Ride quality was pretty good but comparing our Plaid with adjustable air suspension isn’t a fair comparison since this is my first drive in a Model Y. The suspension on the 2023 models was improved. The Performance Y has really good acceleration over the long range which I really like.

Besides I just purchased these 19” SV105’s wheels to see if it makes a difference in ride quality and range. They arrive this Tuesday. I’m getting the car fully wrapped with XPel Stealth, tint, ceramic coating, etc. so it will be a while before I can compare.

Matrix lights are great! I can definitely tell the difference from my other models. The light show displays “Tesla” from the matrix headlights. The cameras are not the “newer” ones mentioned on this forum but from what I’ve seen those may not be 5MPs.

I had no USS, no charger, no rear license plate holder but did have the trunk privacy shelf. Not to happy that Tesla no longer includes Home Link. So I had to purchase it separately and wait for Mobile Service to install. All our previous Tesla’s included Home Link. I did “supposedly“ get the December delivery discount of $3,750. I paid cash in November and it showed the credit on the app but haven’t seen a check from Tesla yet.

Software is V11.0 2022.40.100.

7AB067CB-96A3-468F-AA6B-3ED81E09330C.jpeg

A3A9A06F-F6FB-4887-B716-23E1AE6C50B4.jpeg

Ride quality was pretty good but comparing our Plaid with adjustable air suspension isn’t a fair comparison since this is my first drive in a Model Y. The suspension on the 2023 models was improved. The Performance Y has really good acceleration over the long range which I really like.

Besides I just purchased these 19” SV105’s wheels to see if it makes a difference in ride quality and range. They arrive this Tuesday. I’m getting the car fully wrapped with XPel Stealth, tint, ceramic coating, etc. so it will be a while before I can compare.

Matrix lights are great! I can definitely tell the difference from my other models. The light show displays “Tesla” from the matrix headlights. The cameras are not the “newer” ones mentioned on this forum but from what I’ve seen those may not be 5MPs.

I had no USS, no charger, no rear license plate holder but did have the trunk privacy shelf. Not to happy that Tesla no longer includes Home Link. So I had to purchase it separately and wait for Mobile Service to install. All our previous Tesla’s included Home Link. I did “supposedly“ get the December delivery discount of $3,750. I paid cash in November and it showed the credit on the app but haven’t seen a check from Tesla yet.

Software is V11.0 2022.40.100.

View attachment 882665

View attachment 882667
Hey Luisito,

Did your MYP come with the new 4680 batteries?

Reactions: Luisito
Hey Luisito,

Did your MYP come with the new 4680 batteries?
No it did not, came with the 2170’s. From my understanding, only a few were built and only for employees from the Giga Austin factory. The 4680’s were only on the Standard Range Model Y’s with a 279 mile range which you can’t order from Tesla’s website. Either they are “low balling” the range through software or they have a smaller pack. I wouldn’t accept anything less than 300.

I was also hoping for a structural built 4680 Model Y Performance with long range but looks like they haven’t solved the mass production issues. I’m not going to wait any longer since we’ve been down to one car after our Performance Model X was totaled at Tesla’s Service center due to mass flooding. We were one of thirty five totaled Teslas. I picked up our Model Y from the same service center in Fort Worth. I told them to make sure it was parked inside and not out on the parking lot. Not taking chances again.

Your VIN will contain an A for Austin or F for Fremont build (11th digit). The P will be the model year 2023 (10th digit).

So far Giga Texas hasn’t built any Performance Model Ys that I know of, only Fremont.

Good luck on your delivery. You should get $3,750.00 off if your delivery is this month. You will love this car!

No it did not, came with the 2170’s. From my understanding, only a few were built and only for employees from the Giga Austin factory. The 4680’s were only on the Standard Range Model Y’s with a 279 mile range which you can’t order from Tesla’s website. Either they are “low balling” the range through software or they have a smaller pack. I wouldn’t accept anything less than 300.

I was also hoping for a structural built 4680 Model Y Performance with long range but looks like they haven’t solved the mass production issues. I’m not going to wait any longer since we’ve been down to one car after our Performance Model X was totaled at Tesla’s Service center due to mass flooding. We were one of thirty five totaled Teslas. I picked up our Model Y from the same service center in Fort Worth. I told them to make sure it was parked inside and not out on the parking lot. Not taking chances again.

Your VIN will contain an A for Austin or F for Fremont build (11th digit). The P will be the model year 2023 (10th digit).

So far Giga Texas hasn’t built any Performance Model Ys that I know of, only Fremont.

Good luck on your delivery. You should get $3,750.00 off if your delivery is this month. You will love this car!
Luisito,

So how is you new MYP going thus far? Give us an update. :)

Luisito,

So how is you new MYP going thus far? Give us an update. :)
It’s great! Build quality is good. I really looked at everything in detail having more time. The only (minor) issues I found were the right rear taillight slight gap and the lower wheel trim slight alignment issue.

Only driven 198 miles and 155 of that was driving home from service center. Not driving until it’s wrapped. This Thursday it’s going to get full XPel Stealth, Ceramic coating, tint,…

Some may say this is being picky but I think it can be adjusted. Really pleased!

FF6A49C6-2314-4573-A9D7-6ADA8EC401DC.jpeg
F380B6A8-FD12-492E-8E0D-1AE9A7D8A2F5.jpeg

View attachment 881701

View attachment 881702
Congrats! The red pearl really pops. Question: l'm picking mine up in 2 days, how can I tell if it has active Matrix headlights or not? Thanks!

Thanks. If you ordered the Performance then it comes with Active Matrix headlights. If long range, most likely not. You can tell by the bulb in the headlights. Non matrix is missing.
View attachment 886634
Nice! Thank you for the tip. I wanted a P but also wanted one built in my great home State of Texas and P is not being build here, yet. It's a Texan thing.

It’s great! Build quality is good. I really looked at everything in detail having more time. The only (minor) issues I found were the right rear taillight slight gap and the lower wheel trim slight alignment issue.

Only driven 198 miles and 155 of that was driving home from service center. Not driving until it’s wrapped. This Thursday it’s going to get full XPel Stealth, Ceramic coating, tint,…

Some may say this is being picky but I think it can be adjusted. Really pleased!

View attachment 884577View attachment 884578
Wow. This will put my 2019 M3 LR to shame...Tesla is definitely improving their build quality.

Last evening, I removed the hold I put on my order. This morning, the app says EDD is Dec 22 - Dec 31.

There are no Model Y's matching my configuration (MYLR with 19" wheels, only extras are blue color and tow package) currently in inventory within 200 miles.