Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In anticipation of the renewed EV tax credit (expecting Lucy to yank the football yet again though), I plopped $250 on an order for a LRY-7 (white seats, no other options) on 28 July.
Current EDD is Feb 7-Apr 4 2023. Thing is I want to slow-roll this delivery as much as possible as I don't want to take delivery until after the credit/rebate/whatever is in place. I figure a 7 seater with minimal options is the way to go. I've heard that adding a tow hitch may actually help delaying delivery even more? Any truth to that? Lol

Reactions: Luisito
Wow… from July 24 order to taking delivery on 8/3!! Woot!!

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Central Florida

OD: 7/24/22
EDD1: Jan 2023 - April 2023
EDD2: Feb 2 - Mar 30

Took an “accelerated delivery option” on 7/28, that replaced White/White/NoTow to Gray/Black/Tow.
Same day received VIN for an Austin MYLR
Had delivery available for 8/1 -8/4 but took delivery today on 8/3…

Austin MY came with a really nice cargo cover plus a mobile connector. AMD ryzen processor. Odometer with 2mi.

Some quality issues…crack on a fog light, couple of scratches, couple of panel alignment issues. Hope to get a service appointment to remedy these next week. But overall the car is superb!!

All I can say is… WOW. Every SA I talk to is shocked by the turn around time for my order.

Maybe it’s the macro environment… but I’m glad I had the option and took it. Future isn’t guaranteed. If you need it (or want it) and aren’t over extending yourself financially, go for it… it might just work out better than the 6.9mo average some have reported for 2021-2022 of MYLR orders 😎
Do you know if this Model Y has the 4680’s? What’s the range at 100%(80%)?

In anticipation of the renewed EV tax credit (expecting Lucy to yank the football yet again though), I plopped $250 on an order for a LRY-7 (white seats, no other options) on 28 July.
Current EDD is Feb 7-Apr 4 2023. Thing is I want to slow-roll this delivery as much as possible as I don't want to take delivery until after the credit/rebate/whatever is in place. I figure a 7 seater with minimal options is the way to go. I've heard that adding a tow hitch may actually help delaying delivery even more? Any truth to that? Lol
If you really want to delay as far as possible then do a no option order....MSM or White...black seats, 5 seater, 19", no tow, no EAP, no FSD. But it seems your order is well into 2023 anyways. A no option order on the Tesla.com order page is showing Apr-July 2023.

Hey fellas, new to the Tesla scene.

Ordered a MYP in Deep Blue Metallic color on July 11th.
Got a text July 23rd saying it just departed the factory.
Scheduled to take delivery Aug 6th.

Trading in my 2022 Ram 1500 TRX, just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

Hey fellas, new to the Tesla scene.

Ordered a MYP in Deep Blue Metallic color on July 11th.
Got a text July 23rd saying it just departed the factory.
Scheduled to take delivery Aug 6th.

Trading in my 2022 Ram 1500 TRX, just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
Can you check your VIN to see if the car is coming from Austin factory. It will have an A in the 11th position before the numbers start. This would be the first report of a MYP out of Austin if that is the case. Otherwise you got really lucky to snag a Fremont car a couple weeks after ordering.

Can you check your VIN to see if the car is coming from Austin factory. It will have an A in the 11th position before the numbers start. This would be the first report of a MYP out of Austin if that is the case. Otherwise you got really lucky to snag a Fremont car a couple weeks after ordering.
My Aug 16th delivery MYP is coming from Fremont based on VIN, just for reference. Grey ext, black int, no hitch, no FSD. Ordered yesterday

Reactions: arbitrage000
It's an F, so not coming from Austin. I live in San Antonio and I'm not even sure if I could get an Austin build due to some wacky law. The car has actually been at the gallery for a few days now, but they said I have to wait until the scheduled delivery day, or they'll notify me if something opens up. I highly doubt that would be the case though, can't get that lucky twice in a row. 😅

Reactions: arbitrage000
Got lucky today….changed my color from MSM to blue and got a vin assigned an hour later.

OD: 7/10 MYLR7
EDD: Jan-Apr 2023

Changed to MYP MSM on 7/17
EDD: 9/12-10/17

Changed to blue on 8/4
VIN and EDD 8/17-8/21

Texas

Got lucky today….changed my color from MSM to blue and got a vin assigned an hour later.

OD: 7/10 MYLR7
EDD: Jan-Apr 2023

Changed to MYP MSM on 7/17
EDD: 9/12-10/17

Changed to blue on 8/4
VIN and EDD 8/17-8/21

Texas
Surprise VINs and unexpected immediate deliveries appear to be happening with increasing frequency here, this seems to suggest specific builds are beginning to look for allocations

Might even start seeing actual inventory soon, and people will finally be able to get their burger right when they want it.

I'm starting to wonder if bulk orders from Hertz etc are a big reason LR model orders are pushed so far out compared to Performance variants

Ordered about July 18th and just got a VIN assigned yesterday morning with a delivery estimate of Aug 5th - 8th. It's a Fremont car (MYP Red/White no tow or FSD)

Ordered 7/1. MSM, white interior, no tow

Initial EDD was 8/23-9/27
On 8/1 got updated EDD of 8/11-8/20
No VIN

My SA says their system has delivery in mid September. Also telling me to not ignore the EDD on the app since it’s the most ‘accurate’.

I live 200 miles away from nearest Tesla store. Work schedule is hectic so trying to narrow down when I need to move things around for a day trip.

Whole process doesn’t really make much sense.

Does this actually work? When you replace the RN# in the URL, it takes you back to the same page you were already on.
When there is no inventory available for swapping, it redirects back to the same page as you experienced—same thing happened to me. So there needs to be swappable inventory. I don’t know why they originally presented the option to me in the first place. I missed that first chance, but figured I’d keep checking the page. Eventually there was inventory for a swap. With a bit of luck and elbow grease (in the way of hitting the page a couple of times a day), you may just hit an accelerated delivery option.

Reactions: hwano
EDD updated today to December through February. 👎🏼 Somewhat earlier then initially expected still but a big disappointment when last week it was showing August 8-21. To quote Joe Biden, come on man.

Last edited: