Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

OD: 7/25/22
EDD: October 6 - November 17 2022
EDD: Sept 1 - Oct 6
VIN received 8/6!
EDD: 8/22-8/25

Coming from Fremont. Scrambling to nail down insurance/financing etc. as this was much faster than expected! How have people found trade in values direct from Tesla, have they seemed fair? Do you just turn your car in at delivery?

Good to hear some are getting better than 4.49% outside of Tesla, might have to hurry up and look into that....
Wow! That's a full 11 days after my OD and u already got a VIN. Definitely must be the FSD. Happy for u man. I'm still waiting to hear anything.

Also, I'm just next door in VA

MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

VIN received 8/6!

Coming from Fremont. Scrambling to nail down insurance/financing etc. as this was much faster than expected! How have people found trade in values direct from Tesla, have they seemed fair? Do you just turn your car in at delivery?

Good to hear some are getting better than 4.49% outside of Tesla, might have to hurry up and look into that....
You'll probably receive a text saying you can schedule your delivery date soon. (I got mine 3 days after VIN was assigned)

For Insurance I went through Tesla, initially it's expensive but based on your driving habit it can go down. They base price on a driving safety score of 90. It's $179.67/mo for me, I currently have a safety score of 98 which will lower my monthly payment to $123.32/mo.

For trade in, I had a 2022 Ram 1500 TRX, I paid $80,490 but had an MSRP of $85,490. With 15,400 miles on it they offered me $80,600. So I ended up getting $110 more than what I spent on it, I had better offers other places but I didn't want to have to go through the whole process but since it was a trade down I don't have to pay the sales tax when I register it since I paid that in full when registering the TRX.

I went with USAA and got 3.29% APR for 60 months. The trade in process is super easy, you can start the trade in process, find out what they offer you and reject the offer if you want. If you accept the offer, they do all the paperwork and send you a trade-in packet (It includes a return label and the carboard envelope can be used again to send it off). They highlight all the spots you need to sign, you email those documents to the email they provide you, once you get an email back saying its approved you send everything off.

On delivery day, you just bring in all the keys for you trade-in, either you or the SA will take the plates off. The SA will hand you your key cards and show you your vehicle. Do your inspection over it and make sure it meets your expectations, if you're satisfied you open the app and accept the delivery and you can drive off.

There's no paperwork involved at the Gallery, everything is handled over email and through the trade-in packet.

Reactions: Alli704
Nope, all the way across the country in NC. Maybe they just did a blue batch?
I was thinking the same thing, I saw someone had ordered a MYP in MSM, I posted my timeline and they switched to Blue and had a VIN same day.
Got lucky today….changed my color from MSM to blue and got a vin assigned an hour later.

OD: 7/10 MYLR7
EDD: Jan-Apr 2023

Changed to MYP MSM on 7/17
EDD: 9/12-10/17

Changed to blue on 8/4
VIN and EDD 8/17-8/21

Texas

I was thinking the same thing, I saw someone had ordered a MYP in MSM, I posted my timeline and they switched to Blue and had a VIN same day.
Wow, wait so he ordered a MY LR 7 seater and he's already gotten a VIN? It's that quick? Wondering if I should switch my Performance to a LR bc the only reason i did a MYP is bc of the delivery timeline. I just really needed a car soon and didnt want wait until next year. Thoughts/opinions on this please before I make a change...

Wow, wait so he ordered a MY LR 7 seater and he's already gotten a VIN? It's that quick? Wondering if I should switch my Performance to a LR bc the only reason i did a MYP is bc of the delivery timeline. I just really needed a car soon and didnt want wait until next year. Thoughts/opinions on this please before I make a change...
They switched from MY LR to Performance, then switched from MSM to blue, same day they switched to blue they got a VIN

Tesla SSO - Sign In
Where do u make these edits? Is it something you call your SA/SC for or can we do it on the order page? Sorry I'm still new.
There are a number of ways to do it.

You can call general Tesla #

You can open a chat on tesla.com

You can contact your SA/SC if you have a contact for them

You can use this URL with your own unique RN# at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN########
**the URL method works but is finicky. Usually I logout of tesla.com, enter the URL, log in, click on my order form the account page and then enter that URL again and most times it lets me in. But sometimes I seem to have to copy and past a few times to get it to work. The last time I noticed the RN was not capitalized and it wasn't working...I switched RN to capital letters and it worked...I didn't think caps mattered in URLs but maybe they do??**

Last way I read about recently is you can go in and change your financing from cash to financing. This makes your pre-tasks incomplete and brings up the Edit link on the right side column...then once you complete the edit of your design you switch your financing back to cash.

Once I realized I didn’t need the 7 seater MY, I changed it to MYP since the wait times are significantly shorter and I needed a car sooner anyway. I played around with changing my configuration (using the change financing option in the app which unlocks your ability to edit your design on the website account.) one day I randomly changed to blue from MSM and dropped the tow hitch and I got a vin an hour later. Delivery is expected sometime next week (hopefully).

MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

VIN received 8/6!
New EDD: 8/17-8/23

Inching closer, although I am still not able to make a delivery appointment and still no trade in info from what I submitted Monday.

Reactions: Cronus577
MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

VIN received 8/6!
New EDD: 8/17-8/23

Inching closer, although I am still not able to make a delivery appointment and still no trade in info from what I submitted Monday.
Woo congrats! Just wait for your "Your model Y has just departed our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!" text, I was given the option to schedule the delivery appointment 3 days after I got that text.

As far as trade in, have you gotten to the part where you take pictures of the exterior and interior yet?

Woo congrats! Just wait for your "Your model Y has just departed our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!" text, I was given the option to schedule the delivery appointment 3 days after I got that text.

As far as trade in, have you gotten to the part where you take pictures of the exterior and interior yet?
How long from VIN assignment to Departed factory/ schedule delivery text?

Yeah, I got that text Saturday, but still not able to make a delivery appointment sadly. So the only picture upload option I have had so far is for "minor scratches," do they come back and ask for full pictures?

Yeah, I got that text Saturday, but still not able to make a delivery appointment sadly. So the only picture upload option I have had so far is for "minor scratches," do they come back and ask for full pictures?
The same day they texted me my vehicle shipped they said had more tasks in the App for me to take care of which was the financial portion. I filled out the info since I had already secured a loan through the bank and sent them a "Dealer Funding Request" my bank provided me. They did whatever they have to do with it. Then they had me upload pics of the front seats, and the front, sides, and rear of the vehicle from the outside.

Was able to schedule delivery for 8/22 today. Vin assigned 8/4, and I received the “Tesla has left the factory” text on Monday and today was given the ability to schedule. It says there’s a chance to pick up sooner if it’s ahead of schedule so we’ll see…