Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

OD: 7/25/22
EDD: October 6 - November 17 2022
EDD: Sept 1 - Oct 6
VIN received 8/6!
EDD: 8/22-8/25
EDD: 8/17-8/22
Delivery Date Set: 8/23

So supposedly getting the car next Tuesday. FYI, the delivery scheduler let me pick a time in the app (noon), then within hours I found out I had a job conflict with the time. I waited on hold 45 minutes to change the delivery time on the same day, and the guy who helped me acted like I was doing something bad. They had to put in a "explanatory reason." It was literally rescheduled 3.5 hours later. That was not a great customer experience for a price tag this high honestly. And they still reserve the right to change the delivery date on their own terms.

Hi,

ordered a MYLR, white, 19” with black interior. However, it was ordered through my work and therefore i don’t get to see any information on the order in the app. It’s pretty annoying, I just have to hope I get it in 2022.

Order date was 25th July 2022

Hello July orders! I'm popping in from the Oct 2021 orders thread to let you know what you are in for. I thought I would pass along my list of EDD changes now that I am picking up my MY LR white/black 19" next week. Here is the full list of EDD changes:
EDD 8/225/222/20-3/203/4-4/34/4-5/5Sept4/14-5/123/8-314/4-5/23/22-314/10-5/85/10-6/145/26-6/236/8-226/19-7/176/7-216/18-7/26/25-7/97/22-8/267/3-7/317/22-8/267/25-8/228/7-8/218/25-9/88/21/-9/38/21-8/25

Note that the Tesla site on the order page when I was entering my order showed August 2022 and that turned out to be surprisingly accurate. So, lacking any better info, I think that original EDD is probably your best estimate and others that happen in between can be mostly ignored.

Thanks and hopefully your wait is less than my 10 month one! Note that I had no options and didn't get a MYP, so mine is a worst-case scenario.

Thanks! I realized after owning my first Tesla (model 3) that it’s not hard to rack up the miles fast! Did you have any build quality issues?
Nothing major, just had a nick in the wood to the left of the steering wheel and the sliding center console scratches when opening, rattling noise coming from the rear view mirror housing and a rattle from the drivers side seat belt adjuster on the pillar when on rough roads. Other than that the panel gaps looked pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Senpai
Does the paint color affect delivery timelines? Heard that certain paint colors are prioritized and could be quicker (white / black). Anyone know if there is truth to that?

Maybe, and maybe not. I think it depends on which color(s) the factory are producing at any given time. I also think it’s simply the luck of the draw. I had MSM and decided one day to change to blue and the vin was assigned an hour later. You also have people who have ordered red (highest priced color) and their order is delayed weeks-months. I wonder if anyone understands the method to their madness?

Reactions: Individoo
Maybe, and maybe not. I think it depends on which color(s) the factory are producing at any given time. I also think it’s simply the luck of the draw. I had MSM and decided one day to change to blue and the vin was assigned an hour later. You also have people who have ordered red (highest priced color) and their order is delayed weeks-months. I wonder if anyone understands the method to their madness?
Yup, any attempt at understanding when your car will be delivered is doomed to fail ;) order what you want (and can afford) and leave your expectations behind!

OD 7/17
MYP MSM/Black/NoFSD/NoHitch
1st EDD : Aug-Sept
2nd EDD(next day) September 13-October 25.
3rd EDD(2 days later) September 15-October 20.
Anybody else’s EDD not change for almost an entire month? I’m new here and I feel like other people are having their EDD’s updated decently consistently.
I also changed color from White to MSM about 3 days ago and the EDD remained unchanged.