Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July Build Photos (White MYP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I knew my car was going to be delivered to the SC today or tomorrow, luckily I was able to spot it on the lot to get an after-hours preview. Must be straight off the truck - I haven't received a call or update yet. Scheduled delivery is Saturday. Figured I post some photos for anyone that's impatiently waiting.

A couple notes:
* Build date is 7/20 so it's pretty fresh
* Photos shot at late dusk so lighting is not ideal
* Rainy day so tough to gauge paint defects

Overall it's not terrible. Paint matching seems fine overall except the rear bumper appears to be a shade off. There were ~6 white Y's lined up and they all looked identical - stared at it for an unhealthy amount of time. I think the curvature of the bumper may accentuate the difference. I'll be looking at this very closely before acceptance.

My take:
* Hatch alignment is decent
* Charger door is perfect
* Hood alignment is very janky, significant gap at the passenger-side bumper
* Rear door alignment could use some work. Same pattern on all cars present
* Spoiler needs to be re-applied

IMG_20200730_195047.jpg
IMG_20200730_195233.jpg
IMG_20200730_200023.jpg
IMG_20200730_200740.jpg
IMG_20200730_195415.jpg
IMG_20200730_195528.jpg
IMG_20200730_195223.jpg
IMG_20200730_200035.jpg
IMG_20200730_200118.jpg
IMG_20200730_200526.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Threader
Hey All,

I knew my car was going to be delivered to the SC today or tomorrow, luckily I was able to spot it on the lot to get an after-hours preview. Must be straight off the truck - I haven't received a call or update yet. Scheduled delivery is Saturday. Figured I post some photos for anyone that's impatiently waiting.

A couple notes:
* Build date is 7/20 so it's pretty fresh
* Photos shot at late dusk so lighting is not ideal
* Rainy day so tough to gauge paint defects

Overall it's not terrible. Paint matching seems fine overall except the rear bumper appears to be a shade off. There were ~6 white Y's lined up and they all looked identical - stared at it for an unhealthy amount of time. I think the curvature of the bumper may accentuate the difference. I'll be looking at this very closely before acceptance.

My take:
* Hatch alignment is decent
* Charger door is perfect
* Hood alignment is very janky, significant gap at the passenger-side bumper
* Rear door alignment could use some work. Same pattern on all cars present
* Spoiler needs to be re-applied

View attachment 570789 View attachment 570790 View attachment 570793 View attachment 570794 View attachment 570795 View attachment 570797 View attachment 570817 View attachment 570818 View attachment 570819 View attachment 570821
Model Y Stealth!! I’m so jealous. That is my exact build. When did you put in the order??

That looks alright to me. The paint looks better than most whites i've seen...at least in these pictures. Misalignment is all minor enough to be fixable. Nothing major stands out. Assuming the paint looks good in the daylight, i'd take it. I'd ask them to adjust the doors and frunk lid though. Congrats!

Is this what you’re resorting to? Don’t be a fanboy. It’s not good for Tesla.

If you wish to claim false authority, my wife and I have owned the S, 3, and briefly the X. One of my kids had the Y. We’ve been a Tesla family as soon as our neighbor got a roadster, and have been well before you insecure fanboys with no skin in the game came along. We also plan to be supportive of Rivian and Lucid, assuming they eventually make it. EVs democratize performance, and Tesla has revolutionized several industries.

Tesla the investment and cutting edge company is outstanding. Tesla as the manufacturer of your personal car isn’t as good. Don’t confuse a lack of “better” alternatives for not having flaws.

Cool, good for you buddy. Your opinion may be valid, but it's crass and classless to make generic rude comments about someone else's vehicle. You offered them nothing of value; just an insult. Find a more productive use of your time.

So, you taking the alternate path of being a Hate Boi is better is it? There are several of you guys on here that appear to stalk, throw out your spiteful crap whenever possible, and then wait for the next opportunity. to repeat the same old, tired lines.. How about you get a life and move on. We'll all be better for it, yourself included.

SS

Reactions: richyrich

If you wish to claim false authority, my wife and I have owned the S, 3, and briefly the X. One of my kids had the Y. We’ve been a Tesla family as soon as our neighbor got a roadster, and have been well before you insecure fanboys with no skin in the game came along. We also plan to be supportive of Rivian and Lucid, assuming they eventually make it. EVs democratize performance, and Tesla has revolutionized several industries.

Tesla the investment and cutting edge company is outstanding. Tesla as the manufacturer of your personal car isn’t as good. Don’t confuse a lack of “better” alternatives for not having flaws.

You mad bro?

cuz I viewed your recent comments and they are almost all sarcastic.

get rekt kid

Overall looks similar to my issues. I wonder if anyone's seen them on the car trucks, and whether they have plastic covering on them or not. My guess, based on the number of issues, is no. They get hit with rocks, debris, etc.