TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

June EV Sales

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by mattjs33, Jul 3, 2012.

1. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

You are interested in frequent updates of production & delivery numbers for Model S. We all are. But most other car models are not restricted on supply, but on demand. So sales figures give an impression of how good a car is accepted in the market. Not so Model S for the 9 months coming, sorry.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yup, of course, but we'd probably get that info here on TMC quicker than a monthly report anyways. I agree with volker, Tesla is not yet in that field where they have to play by those "rules". Their forecasted numbers are set at 5k for the year. We'll hear after the close of the 4th quarter what their ACTUAL numbers were. In between that, we'll be getting regular updates here and on the official TM forums about deliveries and which number it was to. I think that'll give us enough data to crunch until the quarterly reports.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

Exactly. All Model S sales figures tell us for the next year or so is how quickly they can make them.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

All oils, including Mobil 1, are now made with additives that swell the seals.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Didn't know that, thanks!

6. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

The only comment I have now is that Tesla does not have an automobile in full production at the moment. In Dec/Jan when they have their plant commissioned and operational I would think this a legitimate expectation. But letting people know the details of your startup is in general not a good idea. There are many reasons startups go slowly even if there are no major problems. It allows too much speculation.

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Equivalent sales figures for the UK up to the end of June (but Roadsters won't be in this).

By the way: https://twitter.com/AutomotivePR/status/222666220133040128

So more EVs sold in the first 6 months of 2012 than the whole of 2011. A year on year doubling gets pretty big, pretty quickly.