Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June EV Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are interested in frequent updates of production & delivery numbers for Model S. We all are. But most other car models are not restricted on supply, but on demand. So sales figures give an impression of how good a car is accepted in the market. Not so Model S for the 9 months coming, sorry.

I'm guess I'm just curious in how it rolls out. Aren't you?

Yup, of course, but we'd probably get that info here on TMC quicker than a monthly report anyways. I agree with volker, Tesla is not yet in that field where they have to play by those "rules". Their forecasted numbers are set at 5k for the year. We'll hear after the close of the 4th quarter what their ACTUAL numbers were. In between that, we'll be getting regular updates here and on the official TM forums about deliveries and which number it was to. I think that'll give us enough data to crunch until the quarterly reports.

You are interested in frequent updates of production & delivery numbers for Model S. We all are. But most other car models are not restricted on supply, but on demand. So sales figures give an impression of how good a car is accepted in the market. Not so Model S for the 9 months coming, sorry.

Exactly. All Model S sales figures tell us for the next year or so is how quickly they can make them.

Try re-torquing the head, cover bolts, and switch to an oil with additives for high mileage. It contitions the seals and causes them the swell slightly I am told, and slows the gaskets seeps.

All oils, including Mobil 1, are now made with additives that swell the seals.

but I note that all the "real" automakers do so. And now that Tesla is trying to become a "real" automaker, I see no reason not to (this applies to Fisker as well).

The only comment I have now is that Tesla does not have an automobile in full production at the moment. In Dec/Jan when they have their plant commissioned and operational I would think this a legitimate expectation. But letting people know the details of your startup is in general not a good idea. There are many reasons startups go slowly even if there are no major problems. It allows too much speculation.

Equivalent sales figures for the UK up to the end of June (but Roadsters won't be in this).

By the way: https://twitter.com/AutomotivePR/status/222666220133040128

Office for Low Emission Vehicles: 814 Plug-in Car Grant & 99 Plug-in Van Grant claims made in Q1+Q2 2012 (892 made in 2011).

So more EVs sold in the first 6 months of 2012 than the whole of 2011. A year on year doubling gets pretty big, pretty quickly.