Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, at 9:30 things should be pretty open, maybe first arrivals should park around that area instead and leave the roped off part for those later. Also remember there are just 2 chargers and one requires an adapter. I can bring mine but I will be a little possessive of it since it my lifeline at home. Or does the store have one?

Brio opens at 11 for Brunch. They have a room which sounded like we could use without a fee I think, but they also have a bunch of high-tops in the bar area that looks out into the mall and that area is nice. Not sure about other places, there are a number of them so need to research, but I am confident both Starbucks will at least be running.

Besides chatting, what else will we do? Do we overrun the poor people in the store? Or at least take a shifts of a few people being 'owners' and answering questions in the store? Remember WE can talk about price, etc. ( what is the shirt color of the day?)

Logan, maybe you can talk about your technique. I understand you have to turn off TCS to be able to burn donuts like that? Maybe we can go up top and you can do it again and show us.

Those of us who live relatively close to Tyson's (within 30-40 miles) should not use the chargers (or the parking spots) and allow our out-of-town fellow Tesla owners use them since they need it more than us.

I would love to try out the HPWC (since I don't have one) but I will try it the next time I am at Tyson's.

Yes, I wasn't planning on charging at Tyson's. I have a HPWC at home which you're welcome to try out (though probably no use to you since we're both in MC...but if you lose power and I don't, you may find it useful one day).

Thx. I have a 10-30 at home and 14-50 at work (both in Montgomery county) so same offer for you if you lose power.

Of course the way things were for friends of mine in Jersey during Sandy, none of the gas stations had power, so even ICEs couldn't fill up. Times like that I guess it would be best to find a friend with solar panels to power up the S.

Thx. I have a 10-30 at home and 14-50 at work (both in Montgomery county) so same offer for you if you lose power.

Of course the way things were for friends of mine in Jersey during Sandy, none of the gas stations had power, so even ICEs couldn't fill up. Times like that I guess it would be best to find a friend with solar panels to power up the S.

Unfortunately, most people use grid tied systems that are required to turn off during a power failure.

Thanks! And yeah...though last major power outage around here (or second-to-last? we get so many...), there was power at a gas station and a McDonald's next to it. This was some time last year and I remember huuuuuge lines of cars waiting to get gas. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, most people use grid tied systems that are required to turn off during a power failure.

Yeah, ours is like that, IIRC.

I haven't ordered a Tesla yet (waiting for the european options to show up in the U.S. store), but it looks like I'll be in town that weekend. I'd love to swing by and "inspect" the various colors and options that are difficult to really get a handle on from the web. I wonder if the cloth seats are on display at the store, or if anyone is bringing one that has the cloth seats.

I did get to drive a Model S when Tesla came down to Richmond a month or so ago. They didn't have anything but L1 charging so the test drives were incredibly short (5 minutes or so) as a result.

I haven't ordered a Tesla yet (waiting for the european options to show up in the U.S. store), but it looks like I'll be in town that weekend. I'd love to swing by and "inspect" the various colors and options that are difficult to really get a handle on from the web. I wonder if the cloth seats are on display at the store, or if anyone is bringing one that has the cloth seats.

I did get to drive a Model S when Tesla came down to Richmond a month or so ago. They didn't have anything but L1 charging so the test drives were incredibly short (5 minutes or so) as a result.

I plan to be there. I have recent version of cloth seats.

________________________________________________________________________________________
60Kwh | M.Red | Textile | Pano | 19" | Tech | S.Studio | A.Suspension | R.Seats | Parcel | SC | VIN: xxxx110xx
Ordered: 3/17/13 | Finalized: 3/17/13 | Delivery Email: 5/8/13 | VIN: 5/14/13 | Delivered: 5/31/13

A morning drive wouldbe fun. Any chance of starting the drive in Md and then going to Tysons? For those of us North of the Potomac, Just the drive out to Leesburg is a bit of a distance.

Lol, I was kind of kidding, VR. Just meant a few of us are already coming in from Leesburg area :-D.

Btw, I do also think that Brio would be a nice place to migrate to for a bite to eat, as suggested above.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta