Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just a quick shout out to the Richmond SC team...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought in Blue Steel for its 75k mile service. Where did all those miles go???

First of all, the 75k service is pricier. Like 800 bucks. Just know that- I didn't.

Secondly, the price of door handles has gone down. Like 400 bucks. Totally redesigned and requires 3 hour firmware update. Good to know this too.

Anywhoo.... Chelsea was her usual awesome self. Dave the mechanic who defected from Mercedes knew the car pretty dadgum well for having been on the job less than a month. Everyone so professional. Love the text message updates, though I have to admit I like to peek in on Blue Steel via the app too.

Yeah, I dropped 1400 Wednesday (also upgraded my cellular antenna to LTE) but man they do such a good job.

Oh, and one other thing. I'm getting that little knocking noise from the rear of the car when I slowly accelerate or decelerate. That issue has been identified on these threads before. Dave gave the car a full look and told me the problem, then informed me it was not a safety or performance issue and didn't require replacement. Chelsea then offered to give me an estimate of the repair cost if I wanted to eliminate the noise. 3 grand. Oof. It was great to have honest repair people tell me exactly the cause for something and recommend the right course of action.

Thanks Richomnd SC! By the way, the lot had a bunch of Model 3's if any of you want to take a peek at one close up. SC said they were jammed with deliveries these days...

Reactions: jthompson
Ditto what you said @hsctiger93! I've been using the Richmond SC since they opened a year ago, and the Service Team (while relatively green due to the relative small numbers of cars being serviced there...for now!) as well as Chelsea are solid. Make sure you do the Tesla follow up survey - comments you put in the survey can be pulled up by Julia Sendor (Service Manager) and Chelsea and they are much appreciated!

Here's the list on the 75k service. $725.

Concern: #VSC [Fastlane]: customer requests 6th year annual service. Total Labor & Miscellaneous Items: 725.00 Pay Type: Customer Pay Corrections: Fixed Price Annual Service 6 Year/75000 Mile/120000 km
Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No active faults.
- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version.
- Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and lubricated latches. Good, no issue.
- Tested and inspected customer¶s charge cable: Good, no issue. Vehicle charged normally @40amps.
- Replaced: - Wiper Blades - Key Fob Battery - Cabin Air Filter
- Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue
- Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue
- Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue
- Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues.
- Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs of leakage.
- Inspected tires and rotated as necessary.
- Measured tire tread depth at: (Outer) (Center) (Inner) LF: 8/32 8/32 8/32 RF: 8/32 8/32 8/32 LR: 6/32 6/32 6/32 RR: 6/32 6/32 6/32 - Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar specification.
- Measured brake pad thickness (mm) LF: 8mm RF: 8mm LR: 8mm RR: 8mm Park: 5mm
- Performed 4-wheel alignment check: adjusted as required.
- Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed.
- Cleaned and lubricated panoramic roof assembly (if equipped).
- Performed Air Conditioning service and replaced desiccant cartridge
- Performed brake fluid flush