Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just an allusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understand that you've gotten much more hand holding than most. So try your best not to be that guy.
Indeed. After being reprimanded you've gotten defensive and then tried to shift the criticisms you've been given onto others. You're new to the forum, causing problems, and then have the nerve to try and tell some of us who have been here for a long time how to behave. This forum has a fairly high level of discussion and you should probably try reading more of it before you post.

Animal names are common for cars. What kind of battery would be in an Electric car called "The Lion"?

I can only hope that you understand that the "Lion" (an icon originally devised by the company's founder, Jean Pequignot Peugeot, back in the 18th century) is merely the company's trademark insignia, not the "name" of any of their automobiles.

Lion would be the perfect name for a lithium ion battery car. The l would be for lithium and the ion would be for ion. Maybe tesla should consider that rather than model s.

...but it should have been spelled as "LIon" which would be the proper molecular designation for the contributing components and would have made the joke that much more applicable/obvious.

Honestly, it's not a good sign. See for instance http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/off-topic/1361-finkenbusch.html and http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/off-topic/1546-chimpanzees-big-project.html.

Finkenbusch often said random inflammatory and crazy stuff that veered threads off on wild tangents. Chimpanzee actually seems like a pretty smart guy; he'd have very long posts that were sometimes interesting. But the common problem between the two is that they were very often off topic. They were such egregious repeat offenders that it was too much work to try to comb through their stuff and split up posts into appropriate threads or to create new ones. So posts that were too convoluted or too random to deal with (and often the subsequent responses) went into their own personal off-topic threads, which most members chose to ignore. Yes, this has started with you as well. Understand that you've gotten much more hand holding than most. So try your best not to be that guy.

no96 said:
I was under the impression that Finkenbush, Chimpanzee, Ispiration and Just-an-illusion
were all the same person ;-)

Rest assured that, while I previously used the moniker "1n5p1r4t10n" (aka, Inspiration), I have no affiliation whatsoever with the (former"?") members known as "Finkenbush" or "Chimpanzee", be it real, desired or imagined.

Now, with that cleared up, I submit the bit of wisdom that critics make for the best reviewers to a cause/discussion because they provide you with the most clear, concise & honest input in plain, easily understandable language that helps highlight the areas that require improvement regardless of how audaciously contrived or subjectively rendered that input is.

This critical thinking generally makes for a more so interesting and ultimately beneficial review of the issue at hand, prompting more so diverse engagement and overall lively discussions which, in turn, is exponentially beneficial to the development and implementation of the devised technology.

Granted, those member's posts did often steer somewhat off tangent to an extent, but one has to take into consideration the source of the information (particularly in Finkenbush's case...they do have an entirely different mindset in Europe from that of the rest of the World) and perhaps it was that Chimpanzee was merely attempting to be thorough (though I did note several interesting and informational bits scattered all about their respective posts FWIW)??????

Point is, we don't always hear what we want or would like to hear, but when one places themselves in a position prompting input, they should take it all under consideration with an objective and open mind and endeavor to glean from it what information that may ultimately prove beneficial, to wit my following comments...

Last edited:
...In defense of the somewhat disparaging comments concerning my participation here, I humbly submit for your consideration/review my contention that achieving logic and integral coherence in a discussion amongst numerous contributors of differing intellectual aptitude(s)/background(s)/training/expertise/maturity, etc., etc., not to mention the success of the conversation itself, all depends on moving from one topic to another in a logical sequence as well as the use of legitimate paragraphing which allows that flow of logic to be clearly visible to the reader.

That is, it is common practice in a discussion of any relatively intellectual coherence for a logical flow of information to occur at a number of levels throughout the evolution of the conversation, predominantly so as the discussion progresses, an occurrence which is often sparked by the reference to an associated peripheral, but nonetheless relevant, issue/aspect of a given topic by a participant in the debate, a conversational phenomena otherwise known as "logical progression".

This flow of information and interchange of ideology is conducive to, in all but the most juvenile of instances, the increase of intellectual acuity benefiting all participants thereto (a process commonly referred to as "brainstorming" in any number of think tanks, boardrooms, classrooms and lecture halls across the World) and, conversely, the general public at large whom are the end beneficiaries as, reciprocally, are those who devised the stratagems/technologies/innovations/tactics that eventually serve the World in becoming a better place for all humanity and sub-/higher species alike.

Further, I submit that the intent of my participation in/contribution to this website is not to engage in verbal pissing contests with, or online character assassinations of, other members but instead to indulge in the exchange of ideas, share the appreciation for this technology's (hopefully) Worldwide accomplishments/the hurdles it's developers manage to overcome, and to enjoy the camaraderie of other like-minded individuals oriented towards the integration and proliferation of EV technology into mainstream commuter society culminating in Tesla's bid to do their part to change this World for the better.

After all, is that not what we would all appreciate, what we all want?

Chastise me if you will...belittle and berate me if you must, but...at the very least lend me an ear attached to an open mind capable of providing an objective review of whatever ideology, suggestions, opinions, or insights that I may have the care or ability to offer...extend to me at least that much respect out of, if nothing else, common human courtesy, and I will do the same for you in return.

Think about it....

I thank you for, and "orange" you glad you provided me with, this platform to submit my perspective of the matter at hand? ;-)

p.s. Really, I think that JRP3 is just jealous because they haven't a tight, little, bikinied hottie to post up a picture of onsite standing on their boat holding (admittedly just barely) the catch of the day (yes, this is an obvious attempt on my part to inject a modicum of levity to lighten the gravity of the conversation), LOL!!

019_0806.thumb.jpg

A click on and perusal of any number of the links contained in my post would have revealed to the viewer that several of the referenced trains are "autonomous" in nature/operation...otherwise I would have negated my intended point entirely. It is important not to confuse commuter/light rail with actual commuter/cargo trains.

Actually, none of the high speed trains you link to are autonomous in operation. They are all fed by overhead lines - that is true of every true high speed system in the world.

But we are getting slightly off-topic here now.

You are a raving lunatic starved for attention. You bring nothing but off topic ramblings and are mostly misinformed on the topics being discussed. You are not welcome here.

Uh-huh, uh-huh...Tell you what, you leave me no option but to take offense with your comments and to consider this a direct challenge (much like that of vfx, only more obstinate in nature) so, after I take care of my daily routine/responsibilities, what I'm going to do is show you (and everyone else here in the process) just how wrong you are in your assessment of my contributions being "off topic ramblings [that] are mostly misinformed on the topics being discussed".

I will do this by demonstrating just how relevant my input on the development of emerging hydrogen storage technologies is to the topic then under discussion, i.e., BEV's, in particular "the most important aspect of BEV's being the "B" "(since that appears to be one of your pet peeves), as well as the importance/practicality &/or relevance of the plastic waste recovery from the Northern Pacific Gyre (which I'll throw in for good measure), clearly establishing just whom amongst us is "mostly misinformed."

I will do this much in the same manner in which I disseminated vfx's previous "challenge" and not at all in a manner liken to that of a "raving lunatic", be they "starved for attention" or not...You have asked for it (albeit demanded), you have been forewarned (fair warning is fair play), now prepare to be "skooled" (as a member here once said) and contend yourself with the consolation that I do this not out of desire, but rather necessity.