Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a used MXp100d need to do a reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can rename it as above, but you might want to reset everything:

Can't believe that wasn't done by the previous owner or the dealer/Service Center if Tesla....
In the Settings menu on the touchscreen go to Service and Reset at the bottom, and it has Factory Reset. You probably want to do this if the previous owner also has music favorites, addresses, etc.

If the car name is there, I'd bet a lot of other stuff you don't want is there also!

Yea I'm super happy with it, it's a 12/16 p100dl black/white 5 seater wrapped in black chrome just ordered a vanity plate "i8a4ari" .. it came with ventilated seats and I heard they don't even make ventilated seats anymore... can def understand why.. was driving today was like 90 outside AC was pumping hard with the vented seat on and my back was still not cold at all.. that's not the worst I was testing the auto steer for the 3rd day on some windy roads with clear lines and the car randomly went into opposite traffic and made an extremely hard left.. was actually scary that another car could've been there.. after that I looked up my software version it's 8.1(2017.28 c528869) and I realized that when my auto steer is on I only see that the car icon and in front shows one car in front although I have seen on YouTube 3 lanes on the dash with a icon car avatar on a different lane.. am I missing something ?

Yea I'm super happy with it, it's a 12/16 p100dl black/white 5 seater wrapped in black chrome just ordered a vanity plate "i8a4ari" .. it came with ventilated seats and I heard they don't even make ventilated seats anymore... can def understand why.. was driving today was like 90 outside AC was pumping hard with the vented seat on and my back was still not cold at all.. that's not the worst I was testing the auto steer for the 3rd day on some windy roads with clear lines and the car randomly went into opposite traffic and made an extremely hard left.. was actually scary that another car could've been there.. after that I looked up my software version it's 8.1(2017.28 c528869) and I realized that when my auto steer is on I only see that the car icon and in front shows one car in front although I have seen on YouTube 3 lanes on the dash with a icon car avatar on a different lane.. am I missing something ?
Ventilated seats suck air into the seat, rather than blow air out. Some higher end cars have sucking seats, which prevents dust and debris from blowing around in the vehicle. It's a very subtle cooling affect.

You have AP2 (Auto-Pilot v2) which doesn't yet show the adjacent lanes like AP1. You likely saw a YouTube video of AP1.

AutoPilot is getting better and better with every OTA (Over-The-Air) update, so hang tight. Learn about it's limitations and know when to use it. Otherwise, be patient and it will improve the more you drive it.

• Helpful
Reactions: ohmman
is there an easy to digest comparison between the functions of AP1 and AP2 on the site anywhere? I just picked up a new inventory P100DLX and had thought that lane change was capable in AP2 cars; however, when I use the signal it doesn't change lanes. I test drove an identical vehicle during my decision path and it did it just fine. Ive seen different opinions and observations about the functions of AP2 but nothing like a swim lane comparison.

is there an easy to digest comparison between the functions of AP1 and AP2 on the site anywhere? I just picked up a new inventory P100DLX and had thought that lane change was capable in AP2 cars; however, when I use the signal it doesn't change lanes. I test drove an identical vehicle during my decision path and it did it just fine. Ive seen different opinions and observations about the functions of AP2 but nothing like a swim lane comparison.
There is no up-to-date AP1 vs AP2 comparison that I am aware of. It's changing so fast, it's hard to keep up.

The consensus is that AP2 is pretty much/almost at parity with AP1. It's not necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison because AP2 does some things better than AP1 and vice-versa. AP2 should clearly surpass AP1 within the next 6 months or so. Please note: I may predict the same thing 6 months from now.

The consensus is that AP2 is pretty much/almost at parity with AP1. It's not necessarily an apples-to-apples comparison because AP2 does some things better than AP1 and vice-versa. AP2 should clearly surpass AP1 within the next 6 months or so. Please note: I may predict the same thing 6 months from now.

This REALLY surprises me. Ive had both and my perspective is that AP2 doesn't do anything better than AP1 for the moment. Given the advanced hardware I expect it will. That said, right now the only thing I think it does better is make sure that the driver stays awake and attentive to the roadway...that lane hunting thing it does when it gets confused is going to get someone pulled over for suspected drunk driving!

Reactions: Freedom101
This REALLY surprises me. Ive had both and my perspective is that AP2 doesn't do anything better than AP1 for the moment. Given the advanced hardware I expect it will. That said, right now the only thing I think it does better is make sure that the driver stays awake and attentive to the roadway...that lane hunting thing it does when it gets confused is going to get someone pulled over for suspected drunk driving!
Sorry, my assessment might be a little off. I'm just going by what I read others are reporting on AP2. I am on AP1 and don't have the luxury of buying a 2nd updated Tesla to compare. From some AP2 owners, it does sound like it's almost comparable to AP1. YMMV

Sorry, my assessment might be a little off. I'm just going by what I read others are reporting on AP2. I am on AP1 and don't have the luxury of buying a 2nd updated Tesla to compare. From some AP2 owners, it does sound like it's almost comparable to AP1. YMMV
After 3 weeks of driving with AP2, almost 2000 miles with probably half of that AP enabled, it's pretty solid.

Just watching the road ahead, I can predict when it's going to react poorly most of the time.

It weaves a little which I think feels more significant than it really is, since it's never crossed a line for me. Compared to half the other drivers on the road, it looks sober by comparison.

One thing I did find amusing though, was passing a loaded car carrier. AP did not like that at all. I assume it identified flying cars to my right and was particularly unhappy about it. It didn't do anything unsafe, but it made me take over.

Reactions: vandacca
After 3 weeks of driving with AP2, almost 2000 miles with probably half of that AP enabled, it's pretty solid.

Just watching the road ahead, I can predict when it's going to react poorly most of the time.

It weaves a little which I think feels more significant than it really is, since it's never crossed a line for me. Compared to half the other drivers on the road, it looks sober by comparison.

One thing I did find amusing though, was passing a loaded car carrier. AP did not like that at all. I assume it identified flying cars to my right and was particularly unhappy about it. It didn't do anything unsafe, but it made me take over.

I think at least for now, turning it on is a good indication that its going to act up. Not a knock to it; just a reality check. This is of course being very seasoned from driving 30,000+ miles with an AP1 car.

Its in the same vicinity as AP1 but its not on par. It still thinks linearly - can't see things outside of its occupied lane, and misses things like motorcycles. Highways expanding into multiple lanes etc etc.