Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought ESA for the X. Tesla is probably losing on this.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Next step after removing it from the website and hiding it from the uninformed joe is to stop offering it for sale.

There is no good reason to force an in person visit when you already had the mechanism to make the same transaction online.

How long can Tesla stall the HW3 upgrade that is owed to myself and owners in my situation?

5 years more now for me.

Calling your car a faberge egg is not a compliment.

Bashing the existence of your car every conference call is not inspiring confidence.

I can not predict the future but game theory tells me that ESAs appear to be net losses to Tesla. One major event between years 4-8 is probable given the complexity of the X versus the 3. Tesla is not even offering ESAs on the 3.

As a shareholder I would applaud the move for Tesla to sell/hide the ESA.

As a owner with a heart for other owners, I have the duty to state my analysis and people can make their choices accordingly.

Why the seeming rush to get the new hardware? Doesn't do much for you, there's been situation where you would even stay behind in updates.
I'm also feeling as if the next generation hardware may start to be available and they may decide to even skip the current gen for retrofits.

Elon has already said that the hardware will be be installed starting months before it will be needed.

Why the seeming rush to get the new hardware? Doesn't do much for you, there's been situation where you would even stay behind in updates.
I'm also feeling as if the next generation hardware may start to be available and they may decide to even skip the current gen for retrofits.

Elon has already said that the hardware will be be installed starting months before it will be needed.

The idea is that if Tesla rolls out 100K HW3 updates in 2019, it's 100K less updates they have to do in 2020. If you do a little bit at a time, you test processes, find refinements and can scale out upgrades.

Considering Tesla can't even roll out Model 3 spoilers, I have severe doubts Tesla can just decide to install HW3 en mass on a dime.

Conceptually, it sounds like a good theory that there is no point in retrofitting HW2/HW2.5 cars if they were going to need HW4 cars anyway.

Tesla would face an existential threat if they cannot get very mature autonomy on their very own in-house ASIC.

There's not very many HW2 owners out there. There might not be THAT many HW 2.5 owners out there if our time scale is 5 years. If HW3 is already DOA and they making half a million of them a year from Fremont/GF3 - that is going to be a major problem to refit.

Literally, the dumbest thing I read here on TMC was that a refit labor wise should only cost $50...