Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 12.1 update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3D here with 12.1.1 lost autopilot after update. Tried resetting via steering wheel and power down. Called Tesla support they wanted me to bring the car in for service.

I decided to pull the negative on the 12v battery terminal and go to settings and power off for 10mins. Powered back up autopilot works!

But bluetooth for phone calls displays it's working with no sound playing music works fine though.

Car has been extremely buggy radio live stream messing up and usb playback issues.

Very disappointed with this update never seen the car so buggy ever before !!

But I do have increased charge speeds !

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_002337.jpg
    IMG_20190502_002337.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 65
I have had 2 issues with 12.1.1. First, my auto wipers, which had been working great with the last release, now work too slow with heavy rain.

Second, my key fob will not work with summons even though I followed instructions to disable continuous press under customize summons. The lights flash when pressing the top of the fob, but when I press on the trunk back portion of the fob, instead of the car moving backwards, the charge port opens and the car does not move. Is anyone getting their fob to work with summons?

Are you doing this by the garage? Do you have an LED light there, I had to remove the LED light from the Marantec Garage door opener as it interfered with a Homelink. Just got my Notice for 12.1.2 right now, be back later.

Are you doing this by the garage? Do you have an LED light there, I had to remove the LED light from the Marantec Garage door opener as it interfered with a Homelink. Just got my Notice for 12.1.2 right now, be back later.
Home link works great, but I can't get summons to work with my fob, while it will work from my phone. I am installing 12. 1.2 right now. Hopefully, it will help.

On 12.1 anyone else experiencing much lower efficiency upon navigating to a Supercharger? Lower efficiency is expected since it's trying to warm up the battery but I was surprised by how much. The battery was cold soaked around roughly 60 F. I can't imagine how low efficiency would be if it was cold soaked at 20 F or lower. Definitely provides quicker ramp times on Superchargers, but I'm hoping they will have a feature where you can opt out of on route battery warmup. Don't get me wrong, super happy they added this feature, but I'm not sure it's necessary 100% of the time.

On 12.1 anyone else experiencing much lower efficiency upon navigating to a Supercharger? Lower efficiency is expected since it's trying to warm up the battery but I was surprised by how much. The battery was cold soaked around roughly 60 F. I can't imagine how low efficiency would be if it was cold soaked at 20 F or lower. Definitely provides quicker ramp times on Superchargers, but I'm hoping they will have a feature where you can opt out of on route battery warmup. Don't get me wrong, super happy they added this feature, but I'm not sure it's necessary 100% of the time.
Take a look at this video. It shows an example of what the car estimates the additional usage from ORBW will be. In his X75D it's about 2% of the battery. The video also includes the tip that you can select next to a charger on the map to avoid ORBW, but I agree that additional control would be good.

I think it is in Teslas' best interest to pre-warm to reduce the amount of time spent at superchargers to make more spots available. That being said, I would bet if you cancel navigation it would bypass the pre-warm, not an ideal solution but I would suspect it would work just fine.

Just got my M3D on Saturday and everything has been amazing so far. One of my questions is about my software version, 2019.8.6.1? Shouldn't I be on something more recent like 2019.12 since it was manufactured the second week in April? Apologize if this has been covered, my search forum search didn't turn up anything.

Just got my M3D on Saturday and everything has been amazing so far. One of my questions is about my software version, 2019.8.6.1? Shouldn't I be on something more recent like 2019.12 since it was manufactured the second week in April? Apologize if this has been covered, my search forum search didn't turn up anything.

You've likely got a vehicle manufactured in early April (maybe prior to HW3 installs). Ours was mid-March and started on 2019.8.5.

Just got 12.1.2 last night, from 11.8.3
I have autopilot, not full self driving. But it says I have beta red light recognition. BUT...it did not indicate it recognized a single red light today.
Confused...

I think at the moment it is only a warning when the system thinks you're going to run a red light with AP engaged. I don't know if there's any UI indication outside of that warning.