Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This software update failed on my 3. Now the car says Software Update Required - Contact Tesla Service, Service Required - Car may not restart, and 12v Power Reduced - Car may stop unexpectedly error messages. I cannot shift the car out of Park. This update has bricked my car. I am on the phone with Tesla Roadside Assistance now and they are saying the car needs to be brought into the Service Center to have the update manually pushed. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry, I realize we are all early adopters of new technology but there is seriously no failsafe, no backup firmware, to fall back to if an update fails?

I no longer keep a backup ICE car, my 3 is my only car at this point. So I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get to work tomorrow.

Had this same issue. It cleared itself in about 5 minutes without me doing anything, I assume it just retried the update since it did end up on the new code.

With the new backup camera changes, does anyone else notice distortion around car headlights, or dark shadows on the ground flashing slightly pink while driving? Also slightly more blurry now?

Haven't noticed the other stuff but its definitely more blurry...actually wouldn't say blurry I'd say more distorted. Looking at my shrubs used to be tack clear, now they're more distorted and have less detail. Whatever they did to the camera, I dont like it.

Reactions: MarcG