Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a call from Tesla HK, no car until End of march 2014...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, Seems like we have to wait for another 9 months to get our car.

I am also asking the possibility of getting customer paint, and waiting for their respond.

Hi, I also got their call and the girl told me delivery would get started Spring 2014. But she said good news is HK government will extend the registration tax waiver.

Ive heard that some drivers in Japan & HK are choosing to purchase the Left Hand Drive Tesla even where RHD are the norm in a country. Wonder is that to get a vehicle quicker or just because they like a LHD ...

Regards, Peter in New Zealand - BTW (It ROCKS) in NZ

I also ask what is the lead time advantage of having a Signature, she said the "normal" version will be delivered 4-5 months after the Sig.

Nah, don't fall for that. More than likely, non-Sigs will start arriving more like 4-6 weeks after the Sigs if not on the very next ship!

There are probably not enough RHD Sigs to take up a lot of production time and it doesn't make much sense for Tesla to pause RHD production for months after the Sigs are done.

It is expected the govermnet extend the waiver.

Now they know the waiver will extend, what is Tesla waiting for to announce the pricing for Hong Kong Model S?

how do we know of this? If true, it will be great news!

Cap 330 s 5 Tax not payable in respect of certain motor vehicles (MOTOR VEHICLES (FIRST REGISTRATION TAX) ORDINANCE)

this is how the status of CAP 330 is right now (see the bottom)

i am no 113 (non-sig) in Hk, wonder if there are 112 before me, or they skip some numbers?

Just rumors and 'indications' at the moment - nothing formal announced.

A number of us are asking/pushing for something concrete before next April - no one wants a surprise and better to extend before rather than on budget day.

Fingers crossed, Mark. How's the club doing, and can one become a member with only a reservation, no car yet?

i am no 113 (non-sig) in Hk, wonder if there are 112 before me, or they skip some numbers?