Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a text from Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

Just got a text from Tesla Delivery Team (+49 number???) asking to confirm that I am paying cash and if I have a trade in.

Does this mean that something is happening with my order or is this standard? I haven't got a SC VIN or any documents past the initial order ones.

Thanks,
Adam :)

Reactions: m3gt2
Mine have all come from a +41 (Switzeraland) and they have not been when Tesla said they would. They say you will get a text when the car leaves USA then when it reaches Europe, and I got neither of these. However I do have a delivery date, 9 weeks after ordering the car.

I have had several texts and a couple of phone calls from Tesla since ordering my Raven X in mid - August, basically asking me to confirm various things (no trade in, cash buyer, delivery centre, etc). However I know that I shouldn’t expect delivery before end October at the earliest based on what the Edinburgh team tell me, despite the website saying different, so I think these contacts from Tesla are simply part of their mysterious process!

IANAL but the word "estimate" and the fact that it's not in an "advert" probably gets them off the hook. They also only probably need to deliver 1 ordered in Sept car actually in Sept to prove their estimate.

IAAL (never used that before...) they cannot be sued because it is considered "mere puffery" - a statement which clearly should not be relied on because it is so clear, to a reasonable person, that it completely untrue.

Also, as others have pointed out, no year is stated!

• Informative
Reactions: Yev000
Ive had a couple of missed calls from Denmark 0045 56 123456 in last week or do. I assume its a scam (very dodgy looking number) and nothing to do with Tesla - I'm the backup communication on the account and primary contact has heard nothing so it would be very poor form if it was Tesla. Whilst they leave an answer phone message, its just some undecipherable screeching followed by some equally undecipherable background talking.

Suspect its just a boiler room scam doing the rounds, but thought I would mention it in case it was important.