Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got PTO from utility but can I.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got PTO from utility but can I actually turn on my system without tesla actually activating the gateway on their end? Its Saturday and my advisor is off till Monday.
Yes, you can turn it on. If you have a solar-only install and are referring to the small black box that is the solar gateway, you probably won't see any system monitoring data in your app until Tesla activates. However, it should still work (and, if it is sunny, you should be able to tell it is working by looking at your utility meter.)

If you have PWs and are talking about the energy gateway, then everything should have been working when they completed the install and you should see monitoring as soon as you turn everything on.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Yes, you can turn it on. If you have a solar-only install and are referring to the small black box that is the solar gateway, you probably won't see any system monitoring data in your app until Tesla activates. However, it should still work (and, if it is sunny, you should be able to tell it is working by looking at your utility meter.)

If you have PWs and are talking about the energy gateway, then everything should have been working when they completed the install and you should see monitoring as soon as you turn everything on.

Thanks its a solar only install.