Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got the call...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red, 20” wheels... they assigned me a Vin and said I can come get it... but one of my businesses has been shut down since mid March. Need a day or two to figure out whether to take it. Otherwise they thought it might be September for my next shot. Great timing...

Red, 20” wheels... they assigned me a Vin and said I can come get it... but one of my businesses has been shut down since mid March. Need a day or two to figure out whether to take it. Otherwise they thought it might be September for my next shot. Great timing...
That's a classic pressure sales technique. "if you don't do this now you may not get another chance for 5 months"

Yup the fact you got the call a month after no car has been produced tells you the real demand right now.

It’s just crazy right now. I visited a Tesla showroom last weekend and it was dead as a door nail. Tampa is not a sleepy Tesla market either (I was told a couple of years ago by a Tesla Corporate Executive that Tampa was one of its top 5 markets outside of California).

I was there for an hour and not one person came or went, despite them having a Model Y show car on display for reservation holders and prospects. Meanwhile tons of people out at other places trying to keep occupied during all this COVID mess.

I hope the demand comes back for their sake. After much hard work to bring a product to market, the timing is awful and not their fault (same for all the manufacturers bringing their products to market right now like the RAV4 Prime too).

It also sounds like, based on reading this forum, that the early Ys are a hit or miss for overall quality based on luck. Silver lining is hopefully Tesla is using this time to do a deep dive and see where they can improve quality control and processes (it doesn’t sound like Elon is doing this though based on his recent tweets - he needs to take a break and vacation and hopefully his executive team can execute in his absence).

Reactions: beezy
My bigger question is...why now? Are there still shipments from Fremont going out? Or was this a return? In some articles where authors are trying to reverse M3 vs. MY manufacturing/sales/delivery numbers I *think* there are still MYs sitting in the lot at Fremont, but without pics or proof, hard to know. Would be great to know if they were actually still trying to ship cars out of Fremont vs. having them sit on the lot.

My bigger question is...why now? Are there still shipments from Fremont going out? Or was this a return? In some articles where authors are trying to reverse M3 vs. MY manufacturing/sales/delivery numbers I *think* there are still MYs sitting in the lot at Fremont, but without pics or proof, hard to know. Would be great to know if they were actually still trying to ship cars out of Fremont vs. having them sit on the lot.

I’m thinking it’s the early early built cars that came off the line with too many prod issues. They prob been fixing what they can and matching with the closest res

I turned it down... they are putting me back in the queue and the rep thought late August to September most likely.

Unless your current car lease is up, no harm in delaying your delivery to Q3. Who knows, they might offer some incentives later on down the line if demand doesn't pick up. Worst case is no incentives but at least the build quality will be better (hopefully).

Unless your current car lease is up, no harm in delaying your delivery to Q3. Who knows, they might offer some incentives later on down the line if demand doesn't pick up. Worst case is no incentives but at least the build quality will be better (hopefully).

Is demand down for the Model Y? Pretty sure they only made about 3000 and only a handful are still available because they were rejected. But you’d have to ass-ume those have been fixed/repaired and are available now.

I cancelled my white AWD LR order for now due to the economy and national travel limitations since I was hopeful no for some long road trips with AP/FSD.. I will reorder in fall and hoping fit and finish problems will be fixed and the promised heat pump sound insulation will be in place. If I’m lucky, the new wiring architecture will be implemented along with the one piece rear casting which Elon has also hinted at. Still love the MY design but waiting for a few improvements won’t hurt, but undoubtedly FSD price will be higher be then.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
I didn't feel pressured from the guy. He recognized what's going on out there and I was the one that asked him when my next time up in the queue would be. He took a guess and considering that the factory was shut and will be at limited capacity in the near future (at best), it's probably a wild guess.