Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just had cracked windshield replaced. No more ghosting!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a crack in our windshield so we got it replaced in November, 2017

Prior to that we had some really bad ghosting with our April 2017 new build. At best it was annoying to see ghosting lights and reflections twice the height above the origining source. At worst, it was dizzying to commute on large parts of my highway that does not have street lamps so headlights were exaggerated even more.

Anyway, we had Tesla do some diagnostic testing with lasers and they claimed it was within an acceptable range and this was present in all Xs. So when we got our windshield replaced I had little hope for improvement. To our surprise the ghosting not only improved, it went away completely! Proof that this varies dramatically from car to car or else they have solved the issue altogether.

Anyway, thought I’d share if others were having the same issue.

I can confirm that my 3rd windshield is suddenly completely ghost-free. It is honestly night and day. My wife wouldn't drive it, because of dizziness. It's like a whole new car. I can't believe that they allow the bad windows to pass their tests. It is absolutely worthwhile to change, if you know you are getting the good one.