Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just made the plunge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
After going back and forth in the past 2 yrs, I put down the deposit for one of the CPO Model S P85's. I thought it was a good deal. It's a 2013 has 40k miles so it'll come with the 4 yr or 50k mile warranty. It doesn't have AP which I can live with because I'll just love driving the thing!!
My question is where I should go for a loan. Do people typically go with Tesla? My advisor said it's generally 2.5-4%. Any thoughts?? I'm so glad to be part of the family

Reactions: boaterva
Thanks for your support!! Part of me is still questioning if it's the right decision since I placed a deposit on a model 3 as well. My thinking is at the end of the day the S is still a more superior car than the 3 despite all the bells and whistles. I hope I'm not fooling myself.

Thanks for your support!! Part of me is still questioning if it's the right decision since I placed a deposit on a model 3 as well. My thinking is at the end of the day the S is still a more superior car than the 3 despite all the bells and whistles. I hope I'm not fooling myself.

The tech will continue to improve. However, the sooner behind the wheel the better. Any Tesla is superior to 99% of the cars on the planet, I didn't make it 100% because I want some wiggle room. :cool: Choosing between Teslas, that's a budget and timing thing.

Credit union for me as well. I went with USE, Berkeley based if I recall. Don't need to start shopping for loans until you have a confirmed delivery date IMO. My car was delayed which caused my loan to expire and the CU had to re-run my credit for loan #2.

We started with the banks, but the banks were too high. Tesla gave us the lowest at 1.74% for 72mo, but my SO and I worked on getting our scores past 800 prior to making the purchase.

Definitely shop around for the best rate.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention I paid $47500 for my 2013 P85. How you think I did? It has the pano roof and obech wood trim and tech package. Nothing fancy. I really like the fact that it comes with the 4 year warranty.

I'll look at dcu.org too. Thanks.