Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a MSM LR, does it have hw3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
like the title states. I just ordered a long range mode 3. The Tesla sales person (short hills, nj) said they have stock available almost immediately. So my car is getting moved to from NY to my pickup center in NJ. I asked multiple times if the car is on the newest hardware and was assured yes. Is there’s anyway to know based off the vin or anything like that? I wasn’t too confident in his answer. He just kept saying. It’s a 2019. It’s the newest. Car has 3 miles on it.

Almost certainly has HW3. Inventory was down to nothing, and then they dropped a ton of vehicles into inventory after shipping overseas. If/when you see the car, you can also look at the door stamp to see date of manufacture, which as the poster above mentioned, was Apr 12 or later, you're good.

If the car is running 2019.7.X it most likely has HW3. If you are planning to purchase FSD you will get the upgrade anyway. However, if you are only planning to purchase AP I would personally want a car with HW3 just in case they make any further improvements to AP that are HW3 specific.

If the car is running 2019.7.X it most likely has HW3. If you are planning to purchase FSD you will get the upgrade anyway. However, if you are only planning to purchase AP I would personally want a car with HW3 just in case they make any further improvements to AP that are HW3 specific.

My main reason for wanting hw3, just in case AP is improved in the future and it’s based on hw3. I might get fsd if it goes on sale

The person who sold me my car (ordered last week, delivery scheduled for tomorrow) told me that if I ordered a certain config/color, I would have HW3 since that config/color would have to be built. I was happy to hear this. But I wasn’t so happy when I found out that my VIN was 317XXX. So maybe the car won’t have HW3 after all? Unfortunately, there have been several times when a Tesla rep has told me something that wasn’t correct. I’m feeling a bit wary (and weary) of this whole process. I hope all of that goes away when I see the car. But if the delivery advisor tells me it doesn’t have HW3, it’s gonna really bother me. Not feeling as hopeful as I’d like to be.

(Note: I did not order FSD, but I’m betting HW3 will help with AP.)

The person who sold me my car (ordered last week, delivery scheduled for tomorrow) told me that if I ordered a certain config/color, I would have HW3 since that config/color would have to be built. I was happy to hear this. But I wasn’t so happy when I found out that my VIN was 317XXX. So maybe the car won’t have HW3 after all? Unfortunately, there have been several times when a Tesla rep has told me something that wasn’t correct. I’m feeling a bit wary (and weary) of this whole process. I hope all of that goes away when I see the car. But if the delivery advisor tells me it doesn’t have HW3, it’s gonna really bother me. Not feeling as hopeful as I’d like to be.

(Note: I did not order FSD, but I’m betting HW3 will help with AP.)

You are free to let Tesla know you want a car with HW3 if you feel this is important to you. You are not required to take any car they assign to you. However, you may have to wait longer if they don’t have one in inventory.

You are free to let Tesla know you want a car with HW3 if you feel this is important to you. You are not required to take any car they assign to you. However, you may have to wait longer if they don’t have one in inventory.
I’ll refuse delivery and wait longer if I have to. But—and maybe this sounds naive—I’d like to be able to trust that when a Tesla rep tells me something, it’s true.

You are free to let Tesla know you want a car with HW3 if you feel this is important to you.
You are not required to take any car they assign to you.
However, you may have to wait longer if they don’t have one in inventory.
It's what I was thinking. I believe that you have a one week period to get your car.
If you are travelling, then the car will get reassigned and you will have to wait for a new reorder.

I’ll refuse delivery and wait longer if I have to. But—and maybe this sounds naive—I’d like to be able to trust that when a Tesla rep tells me something, it’s true.

The rep was theoretically correct but it sounds like the car you ordered was not in stock and then suddenly Tesla found one. It may have been allocated to another customer and then released and reassigned to you. No worries, just tell them you want a car with HW3 and they will build one for you if need be.