Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered MX75D...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, this forum is great....a lot of information and have helped me to order my first EV and the most expensive car in my life. Here is my order.

Model X 75D
All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package
Price after referral credit: $88,950

Any suggestions for my order?

I also found this one from the existing inventory (Model X 75D 5YJXCBE29HF039338 | Tesla) and considering that as well. Any thoughts? the discount is only $1,100 . Thanks in advance

First of all, this forum is great....a lot of information and have helped me to order my first EV and the most expensive car in my life. Here is my order.

Model X 75D
All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package
Price after referral credit: $88,950

Any suggestions for my order?

I also found this one from the existing inventory (Model X 75D 5YJXCBE29HF039338 | Tesla) and considering that as well. Any thoughts? the discount is only $1,100 . Thanks in advance
Not sure you are into music but I love the UHFS. Either way you will never go back to a gas car, enjoy.

UHFS is nice, and I had bought it in my 2016 MX75, but now after 3 weeks with an inventory 2017 MX75 with base sound, I find it about the same except missing the subwoofer. The sound is better than the 2015 MS with UHFS I just had as a loaner. If I were ordering an MX again, I would skip the UHFS, but this is a very personal decision.

I notice no Autopilot. That is something I would not go without, but again, personal decision. I heard all cars have Cruise Control, but I wonder if that means TACC for non-AP cars? I love TACC for traffic and highway. Auto-steer will be great again soon I think, it's pretty good now other than over 70 MPH.

UHFS is nice, and I had bought it in my 2016 MX75, but now after 3 weeks with an inventory 2017 MX75 with base sound, I find it about the same except missing the subwoofer. The sound is better than the 2015 MS with UHFS I just had as a loaner. If I were ordering an MX again, I would skip the UHFS, but this is a very personal decision.

I notice no Autopilot. That is something I would not go without, but again, personal decision. I heard all cars have Cruise Control, but I wonder if that means TACC for non-AP cars? I love TACC for traffic and highway. Auto-steer will be great again soon I think, it's pretty good now other than over 70 MPH.

I'm pretty sure cars ordered without eAP are provided with a simple blind cruise control. Like you, I wouldn't want to be without AP (but I have an AP1 car, currently more reliable but with less long term potential.)

TACC is an Autopilot feature. Of course, the buyer can upgrade to get eAP at any time for more money - or possibly for less money, if the wishful thinkers are right that Tesla will lower the price when the 3 comes out (I'm not expecting it, but with the recent changes to the 75 upgrades they certainly have precedent.)

First, congrats on your purchase! As @Merrill mentioned, you'll never want to go back to an ICE car. Prior to having taken delivery of my X, I hadn't fully grasped how agile, futuristic, powerful, beautiful, functional- basically, BADASS- a Tesla X is. Seriously, welcome to the club!!

Also, I'd echo everyone above regarding EAP- I would vote for purchasing it upfront. Sure, it's not yet perfect, but it's certainly getting better.

Cheers!

And, even though you may want to wait on FSD, I'd definitely get EAP now. I had an overnight demo last week, and it (TACC and Autosteer) were virtually flawless on the 150 miles we drove. FSD you can go back and forth on if any features will appear 'soon' (Elon says something before the end of July...), but EAP is definitely useful, especially in rush hour stop and go traffic.

One of my major reasons for getting a Tesla when I finally do so (waiting for July's part 3, myself).

First, congrats on your purchase! As @Merrill mentioned, you'll never want to go back to an ICE car. Prior to having taken delivery of my X, I hadn't fully grasped how agile, futuristic, powerful, beautiful, functional- basically, BADASS- a Tesla X is. Seriously, welcome to the club!!

Also, I'd echo everyone above regarding EAP- I would vote for purchasing it upfront. Sure, it's not yet perfect, but it's certainly getting better.

Cheers!

It actually took a loaner S to drive that point home for me. After eight months with the X, I guess my expectations has shifted so I didn't recognize how special my X was, until I got an older P85+ loaner a week ago. The P85+ was of course much quicker than my X75D - at least when it could put the power down (the rear tires really weren't up to the task,) but I missed a bunch of things about my X, from the wide open feeling to the always pure air inside.

There's no other car is rather drive daily, period. (Well, maybe an XP100D with similar features, but you get the point.)

Not sure if you plan to lease or buy.

If I buy, I would definitely consider autopilot. I know AP2 is not as good as AP1 yet, but I think this feature will hold the resale value better.

Autopilot is a very famous feature. It would be a harder sale without this.

BTW, I had white seats that I loved, but now have black cloth/pleather, like the OP chose. I love these even more. No blue jean transfer to clean periodically, no wrinkles/creases like real leather, and the bit of cloth in the middle of the seat grips you better on hard turns. White are better looking I think, but I also had to explain to everyone how white pleather would hold up better than leather. No such need with graphite black cloth/pleather. I must say, a base MX is still every bit an incredible car.

Thanks everyone! I am buying not leasing. I was considering EAP but drop it as I don't think I will use it in New York. How does EAP work in slow traffic? I will do more research

I also found one from the inventory (Model X 75D 5YJXCBE21HF039348 | Tesla). Unfortunately, It is located at Boulder, CO and Tesla wants $2,000 transportation fee.
It does great in slow traffic; that's what I was referring to. If you are following someone, TACC will follow them, stop, and start again when they start. You no longer have to spend rush hour at 10 mph glued to watching the bumper in front of you. You have to see what's going on, but not every second, which is why rush hour is so bad in NYC and DC.

I meant $1,100 discount by buying existing inventory, if I add PUP and Leather
You might read what I wrote up thread about leather vs base seat, but many prefer real leather regardless. I assume you also know about the $1000 owner referral credit on new order or inventory purchase? If not, feel free to use mine or someone who referred you to Tesla if they have a code. If needed, mine is Referral | Tesla or tell sales person the code: [URL='http://ts.la/jason6903']jason6903[/URL]

Thanks @boaterva I will add EAP.

What about Premiun Upgrades Package and Leather? If I add these two, I can get $1,100 by buying an inventory one

One of the things I love about the car that I wasn't expecting is Bioweapon mode - or at least the filters that go with it (i don't have to turn the mode on very often.) I never smell anything in the car - no stinky trucks, no skunks, no landfills or wildfires. Premium might be worth it for that alone. :)

The automatic door takes some getting used to but is convenient.

The steerable headlights are handy in neighborhoods (unlike some other cars with this feature, Tesla doesn't move the main beam - instead, they add LEDs looking to the side progressively as you turn the wheel.)

Not sure how different the interiors are - never spent any time with a non-Premium.

The ambient lighting isn't anything special to me.

I don't think you get the perforated, ventilated seats anymore - which don't seem to do much anyway.

About the PUP premium package, I would save the bucks on that and the leather price of $3300, and wait for a custom order at this point. Many inventory cars have been driven a fair amount as well, and you wont see it until it is shipped for $2000. I say this driving an inventory with 1200 miles when I got it. I just noticed scratches on the center console, and I hope they believe me that it wasn't me in the 100 miles I have driven it since delivery.

My opinions:
- Get the ultra white interior, though I think it's pricey for pleather. Personal preference of course. Soft, durable, and really brightens up the interior. Multi pattern black looks cheap... IMHO.
- Stock sound is one of the best in any new car. I personally couldn't tell the difference with the upgraded sound.
- PUP is overpriced.
- Subzero is smart for New York... though a luxury feature.
- Probably smart not to get EAP. I'm starting to believe the folks thinking that EAP will go down in price once the M3 is released. Note to Tesla: This is what happens when you screw with the price - people start waiting and stalling for a better deal...

Reactions: rjdoc74
Thank you again, everyone. My order just confirmed and added EAP last minute.
I am surprised I got the VIN within a few hours and the ETA for delivery is late May or early June.

I understand EAP is not fully developed and might be cheaper in the future. However, this is the new technology that I can use and play with it now. I remember when I got my first PC 386 DX 25 years ago, it was so expensive and slow. The harddrive was only 500MB and it costed ~$2,000. Of course, this is not an apple-to-apple comparison.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Thank you again, everyone. My order just confirmed and added EAP last minute.
I am surprised I got the VIN within a few hours and the ETA for delivery is late May or early June.

I understand EAP is not fully developed and might be cheaper in the future. However, this is the new technology that I can use and play with it now. I remember when I got my first PC 386 DX 25 years ago, it was so expensive and slow. The harddrive was only 500MB and it costed ~$2,000. Of course, this is not an apple-to-apple comparison.
Glad to hear you ordered EAP. You will not regret it.