Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered..where do I put a referral link in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any sales advisor can add a referral code after the fact and they will generally be happy to do so. The problem is the sales advisor has no idea whether their adding a code will actually result in you getting your bonus miles.

It’s not up to them. It’s up to the quirky referral desk employees who evaluate each case and make a decision. For a long period they were denying everyone who added a code after the fact. Then they reversed course and began honoring the codes. Then they reversed again and went back to denying them.

I’m not sure what mood they are in this week. So you can take your chances and have the sales advisor add the code, or you can cancel the order and use the link. Of course if Tesla doesn’t agree to refund your $100 you are out more than the value of the bonus miles.

They don’t make it easy.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Any sales advisor can add a referral code after the fact and they will generally be happy to do so. The problem is the sales advisor has no idea whether their adding a code will actually result in you getting your bonus miles.

It’s not up to them. It’s up to the quirky referral desk employees who evaluate each case and make a decision. For a long period they were denying everyone who added a code after the fact. Then they reversed course and began honoring the codes. Then they reversed again and went back to denying them.

I’m not sure what mood they are in this week. So you can take your chances and have the sales advisor add the code, or you can cancel the order and use the link. Of course if Tesla doesn’t agree to refund your $100 you are out more than the value of the bonus miles.

They don’t make it easy.

+1 I had to argue with the quirky referral desk employees for months b/f I got my referral credit for my own purchase. It helped that I sent in a screenshot showing my buddy's app with my referral name on it, they finally relented. They must be seen as a cost center vs marketing

A little late but just wanted to add in on this. I didnt use a referral link when I ordered. Went to a showroom and asked the staff if I could add it in. He brought out his manager to help. According to the manager, he has to send it through someone above him. So he sent out an email. Couple months later, after delivery the manager pulled through. I can see my free 1000 at loot box.
So its possible.

A little late but just wanted to add in on this. I didnt use a referral link when I ordered. Went to a showroom and asked the staff if I could add it in. He brought out his manager to help. According to the manager, he has to send it through someone above him. So he sent out an email. Couple months later, after delivery the manager pulled through. I can see my free 1000 at loot box.
So its possible.

while possible, I would recommend doing it through a link. The manual way depends on who reads the email.