Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Picked Up - Stealth (Matte) Red with Dechrome

Rate the results

• A Great Wrap

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • The Greatest Wrap

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

focher

Oct 15, 2013
Bay Area
I just wanted to share the first picture, because I think it looks pretty damn good. Needs a few days to "bake" and then the follow up for final adjustments. More pics to come in a few days when I get a chance.

IMG_1801.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: outdoors and Dre78
I've got (real not midnight) silver stealth, and also vinyl stealth silver "de-chrome".

Wasn't sure that red would look good in stealth, but appears to. Though the red is such a beautiful color in full gloss, not sure I'd do it.

I'm also not a fan of blackout "de-chrome". Really love matching body color instead. I will post pix of my stealth stealth P3 someday when I have time to pose it properly.

Reactions: GeoX750
Really nice. Is it too much to ask what something like that costs?
Nothing proprietary. Their standard packages. I found cheaper, but OCDetailing has a strong reputation for both high quality work and really standing by it. They even offered to make it right if I ended up hating the stealth (matte) because I was unsure of it. I plan to keep this car for a long time, even if it isn’t my primary driver at some point.

Paint Protection Film - Full Wrap, including:
100% Custom Install Paint Protection Film Wrap Stealth/Matte
XPEL STEALTH features the same superior impact protection as ULTIMATE PLUS back by our industry-leading 10 year warranty.
CQuartz Finest Reserve Prep Work
-Paint correction to remove surface defects and brighten the paint up to the highest possible level
-Removing and polishing wheel barrels (inside) and faces
-Polishing painted calipers (if they are painted)
-Deep cleaning fender liners -Polishing all glass
-Polishing all metal
-Polishing the light covers -Deep cleaning the plastic trim
CQuartz Finest Reserve
-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the painted surfaces IR cured for maximum hardness and gloss.
-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the wheels and calipers. -FlyByForte glass coating on all exterior glass.
-Car Pro Dlux trim coating on the plastic trim around the car, prevents plastic from fading or looking old.
Price - $8,000

Chrome Delete
3M 1080 Vinyl - Satin Black
Price - $1,000

Powder Coating
Powder Coat Rims - Satin Black
Includes repairs from curb rash and other damage
Price - $200 per wheel

I'm also not a fan of blackout "de-chrome". Really love matching body color instead. I will post pix of my stealth stealth P3 someday when I have time to pose it properly.
Look forward to seeing them. I’m sure it’s great looking. I don’t think there’s any perfect way to do it. We wouldn’t want all of our cars to look the same! Which is a real issue in the Bay Area. The red is very nice, but there are tons of red Teslas in California.

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors