Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed CPO 2015 85 model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 7 2nd update
Well, in 10 PM EST, I got a call from guy in Fremont (it is 7 pm there, lol)
He said everything's good to go (still at the delivery center) but just a title of my trade-in. It seems like my trade-in took little longer process somehow.
Hope to receive a car by end of Friday, so we can use it on Saturday trip!

Ouch. I don't want to make you feel bad but I picked mine up a few hours ago. It's going to be worth the wait, I assure you.

IMG_20181102_134447.jpg

OMG it looks awesome!!! How was the delivery? Any cosmetic error you found? No I dont feel bad at all. Yours look soooo great!! Congrat :)!!

It was a fairly smooth pick-up process. Hung out in their delivery area, thinking how much it felt like an Apple store. I showed up 30 minutes early and they checked me in. Then they just send you a text message when it was time to get the car. I got that text about 5 minutes after my appointment time.

I then had an opportunity to go over the car and she mentioned if there was anything I had a problem with, she'd see if they could correct it. All I found were 3 small rock chips on the hood which as expected, fell under the normal wear and tear clause. The wheels had zero curb rash, they were so clean I'm thinking the previous owner maybe had different wheels on there. Otherwise, no dents or other scratches anywhere. Having only seen pictures, I had a lot of anxiety while I was waiting to see it.

After signing my name a dozen times, I was handed the keys and that was that. From there I pulled out onto the road, waited maybe 2 seconds before punching it. Even though it's just an 85D it was pretty impressive.

Oh, by the way, add me to the list of people that got a car that wasn't fully reset. The previous owner's home and work address were still listed and his or her entire gps history. They also did a pretty weak job of cleaning the car. It was washed but not with care. Roughly the same as a cheap automatic car wash. All the nooks and crannies were missed. She also wanted to be sure the mobile charging kit was included because "I've seen several recently that were missing this."

Considering the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere, I'm going to call it a win.

Reactions: P85_DA
It was a fairly smooth pick-up process. Hung out in their delivery area, thinking how much it felt like an Apple store. I showed up 30 minutes early and they checked me in. Then they just send you a text message when it was time to get the car. I got that text about 5 minutes after my appointment time.

I then had an opportunity to go over the car and she mentioned if there was anything I had a problem with, she'd see if they could correct it. All I found were 3 small rock chips on the hood which as expected, fell under the normal wear and tear clause. The wheels had zero curb rash, they were so clean I'm thinking the previous owner maybe had different wheels on there. Otherwise, no dents or other scratches anywhere. Having only seen pictures, I had a lot of anxiety while I was waiting to see it.

After signing my name a dozen times, I was handed the keys and that was that. From there I pulled out onto the road, waited maybe 2 seconds before punching it. Even though it's just an 85D it was pretty impressive.

Oh, by the way, add me to the list of people that got a car that wasn't fully reset. The previous owner's home and work address were still listed and his or her entire gps history. They also did a pretty weak job of cleaning the car. It was washed but not with care. Roughly the same as a cheap automatic car wash. All the nooks and crannies were missed. She also wanted to be sure the mobile charging kit was included because "I've seen several recently that were missing this."

Considering the horror stories I've read here and elsewhere, I'm going to call it a win.

Thanks for the detailed story. I’m so happy for you! Enjoy your car :)

Day 9 and 10.
No updates at all. Now I’m more likely to delay my delivery until 11/15 (end of business trip schedule). Very disappointed but on the other hands, I’ll hopefully get the car as soon as long business trip is over.

Hello people,
I am also considering a 2015/2016 CPO. Confused between 75kW and 85kW, even though the difference is only 15 miles for the 85kW. I am also being strict on the miles - only looking at ~35k miles. What are your recommendations?

Hello people,
I am also considering a 2015/2016 CPO. Confused between 75kW and 85kW, even though the difference is only 15 miles for the 85kW. I am also being strict on the miles - only looking at ~35k miles. What are your recommendations?

Everyone has different standard. For me, as long as it has 4yr/50k warranty, the mileage was not a problem.

check EVCPO everyday and see how things are moving. you will find the one you like eventually.

Day 13 (Tuesday)
Got a call from a guy at Fremont. He said that they are waiting for a final confirmation of trade-in, which I don't understand. But whatever. I'm not getting the car until 11/17/2018. He sees that my delivery estimate (that I requested) was 11/17/2018, so we have enough time. He said that the next step would be contacting the auto loan company that I got preapproved, and finalize that one as well.
Surprisingly, the car is already delivered at our local lot (Raleigh, NC does not have dedicated Tesla delivery center. They moved all cars to the other side of town, weird large lot).

Day 14
Fremont guy called me a lot. Asking questions of trade in again, delivery date confirmation, wife’s name (second owner), etc.

Now I am working back with auto loan company. Need to do some background work to be eligible for their fairly low used car auto loan.

Flying to SF, SD, and Seattle starting today. As soon as we come back, we will greet our tesla model s :).

Day 16
Lots of things happened today. I called back the Fremont guy to finalize MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). He figured out that the final MVPA was not issued yet, so he started working on it in the early morning (around 8 AM Pacific time). Meanwhile, I finished auto loan approval process with Tower Federal Credit Union (60 Mo w/ 3.56% APR, which is pretty good for used car auto loan). It took a lot of paperworks and uploading the documents.

Around 10 AM, Fremont guy finally sent me to finalized MVPO, which includes the entire set of the numbers. I forwarded it to TFCU, and they said it's good to go now.

At this moment, I believe that my pick-up date of 11/17 will be a safe date. I would have not gotten this far without digging hard on TFCU loan process especially since Fremont Guy's been too busy to get back on me.
The only thing that I'm not too sure is, am I bringing the Cashier Check of TCFU to Tesla in the day of delivery? or does Tesla receive the check electronically? I'm away from home, so hopefully they don't require me to sign and send back the form.