Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed CPO 2015 85 model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 16
Lots of things happened today. I called back the Fremont guy to finalize MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). He figured out that the final MVPA was not issued yet, so he started working on it in the early morning (around 8 AM Pacific time). Meanwhile, I finished auto loan approval process with Tower Federal Credit Union (60 Mo w/ 3.56% APR, which is pretty good for used car auto loan). It took a lot of paperworks and uploading the documents.

Around 10 AM, Fremont guy finally sent me to finalized MVPO, which includes the entire set of the numbers. I forwarded it to TFCU, and they said it's good to go now.

At this moment, I believe that my pick-up date of 11/17 will be a safe date. I would have not gotten this far without digging hard on TFCU loan process especially since Fremont Guy's been too busy to get back on me.
The only thing that I'm not too sure is, am I bringing the Cashier Check of TCFU to Tesla in the day of delivery? or does Tesla receive the check electronically? I'm away from home, so hopefully they don't require me to sign and send back the form.

Hey Kaidou,

Just wanted to rub it in a little. Just kidding. Got my baby home.
20181110_132426.jpg

I placed my order for a 2015 Deep Blue Model S70 on Nov 6. I can totally relate to Kaidou, the process has been frustrating. It doesn't seem like Tesla has their act together regarding their used fleet. My car is located in San Diego and they are waiting for it to be transferred to the Delivery Center in San Diego? I've never had such a poor experience buying a car, I hope the car itself is in decent shape or I will have to look for another in their fleet and go through the waiting process again.

11 days since I did my deposit and my advisor barely told me today that he requested the move to the service center... Even though my loan paperwork has been done since last week and I been bugging him for ETA when delivery will be available so I can arrange my flight. I don't understand how this process is so broken. I can only pray that the car is in decent shape when I get there so I can end this fiasco of a purchase.

I placed my order for a 2015 Deep Blue Model S70 on Nov 6. I can totally relate to Kaidou, the process has been frustrating. It doesn't seem like Tesla has their act together regarding their used fleet. My car is located in San Diego and they are waiting for it to be transferred to the Delivery Center in San Diego? I've never had such a poor experience buying a car, I hope the car itself is in decent shape or I will have to look for another in their fleet and go through the waiting process again.

wait, did you not see the photo prior to deposit?

Thanks for the offer, I am told that the car will be at the delivery center tomorrow, I'm about an hour away so not a big deal. I'm just anxious, being cautiously optimistic so I don't have a big let down if its not the car I am envisioning.
No problem. Just trying to help. Once i see a white MS with panoroof ap1 next gen seats in decent condition I'll bite. market is only around 900 cars ATM used to be around 1500. I'm hoping the end of the year will increase inventory!

You ordered your car the same day I ordered mine :) I was just told over the phone yesterday that they haven't even begun the title work yet, and claimed Massachusetts has a really obnoxious process before I can pick the car up. It'll probably be christmas before I get it :p

If I'd read all these stories beforehand I don't know if I'd bothered buying a Tesla! I just found out my co-worker waited 6 weeks for his CPO last year, and 4 weeks for his 2nd CPO Tesla this year.

How can it be this hard to sell cars! Maybe they should use dealerships after all ;)

Hey guys sorry for delayed progress report. I just got back from 9 day long business trip lol.

Day 20.
Many things happened here again, but mostly with auto loan company. They finally confirmed that the loan has been processed. However at this moment, regular shipping won't arrive until my delivery day. So they added express fedex fee on my loan x.X;; $15.

Signed some forms, messaged back and forth with them.

Day 22 (today)
I'm home and I see the check from the credit union. Everything seems good to go.
Tomorrow @ 11 AM will be my pick up time.

Printed the list from teslachecklists.com . Not sure how CPO pick up experience will be. I wonder if they let me test drive it (sounds silly though lol). I also wonder if they treat me like a new customer so that they can help me set up everything needed with some basic instruction.

I'm ready for tomorrow. :)

You ordered your car the same day I ordered mine :) I was just told over the phone yesterday that they haven't even begun the title work yet, and claimed Massachusetts has a really obnoxious process before I can pick the car up. It'll probably be christmas before I get it :p

If I'd read all these stories beforehand I don't know if I'd bothered buying a Tesla! I just found out my co-worker waited 6 weeks for his CPO last year, and 4 weeks for his 2nd CPO Tesla this year.

How can it be this hard to sell cars! Maybe they should use dealerships after all ;)

I'm sorry to hear this. Hope you get it before Christmas for sure!

Hey guys, I'm finally writing this! actually it was yesterday.

Day 23 (D-Day)
Finally went to the delivery center. Unfortunately, Raleigh NC has some terrible issues with finding a spot. So they are currently using a weird lot (previous state inspection site lot) to deliver the cars.
We went there at 11AM. I couldn't see the car (lots of Model 3's). At the backyard with the unpaved road (extremely muddy), I found mine lol.

Anyways, the delivery process was very very not organized. They were not catching up with everything that I brought. They almost let me go without taking the trade-in (which is fine to me for sure). The guy gave me some walkthrough of Model S, but oh boy, other than Model 3, he wasn't too sure how Model S operated. At some moment, I knew about the car better than that guy (I'm pretty sure because it's not a new car).

Overall, poor delivery experience, but the car was in excellent condition. I saw minor wear and tear on the headliner and the seat, but they were really small (cup holder was kind of little dirty, I need to clean this one). Previous owner's information was still there. When I pressed 'home' button on navigation window, it shows me how to drive back to TN lol. Dang.
Found one minor issue on passenger side window. The part right below windshield wasn't fully attached, so I let him take a photo and report to the service team.

Because the car was only 33% charged, I must supercharge before coming back home. Then, I went to the only SC place in the Raleigh, NC. I wasn't too good at parking backend (the car is pretty big, so my Prius & accord feeling couldn't help anymore).

I love the car. The color is mindblowing, and the performance is beyond expectation. 0-60 MPH in around 4 sec, I really love that feeling :)

Autopilot V1 is still an excellent feature! TACC is such a charm. I started using this once I got used to it. Auto steering has been doing a fabulous job too, but I haven't had that much highway driving experiences yet.

I went back home and plugged into 110 V home outlet for now. I will eventually install the home charger, but not at this time. I am not good at driving backward, so I need to get used to this car. I dare not to park in our garage yet (1 car garage, which is pretty small).

I will take a better photo later. Once again, way too busy to recover back from 9 day long business trip.

1542555676.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

Day 24 (one issue)

So home charging with 110 V was working well. It gave me at least another 40 miles to drive, hehe.

I found in an accident that the driver side rear wheel has a nail in it. Damn. But the nail seems very old with rust around it.
Since the delivery team told me that they could fix anything that I found within 72 hours of delivery, I gave them a call. However, as expected, they haven't called me back after the very short initial call (they said they would call me back).
I hear a weird sound from rear wheel whenever I drive. So this could be some serious issue if they don't fix it right away. I'm going to call them again and see if they could fix this immediately without charging me (I heard that they cost $50 to repair this usually).

Should I wait for Tesla service team to fix this? or just bring it to discountTire or other tire shop?

Thanks for reading my long post!

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Attachments

• 1542555676.JPG
    1542555676.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 28
Finally! Thanks for the detailed description of the pick up. It seems like if you pick up in Fremont, you are going to get a better experience but in the end, at least you got the car. I'd let them know about the screw/nail in there and see what they want to do. It's hard to tell if it's too close to the sidewall to plug it. If it can't be plugged, you have to get a new tire and that would be an annoying expense. The PO for mine must have turned it in with bald tires since mine was delivered with new tires all around.

Color looks great!

Finally! Thanks for the detailed description of the pick up. It seems like if you pick up in Fremont, you are going to get a better experience but in the end, at least you got the car. I'd let them know about the screw/nail in there and see what they want to do. It's hard to tell if it's too close to the sidewall to plug it. If it can't be plugged, you have to get a new tire and that would be an annoying expense. The PO for mine must have turned it in with bald tires since mine was delivered with new tires all around.

Color looks great!

Hey, actually I was able to get a service of this, I'll write in separate reply.
Thanks for the encouragement. At the end of the day, we are now the owner :) I'm so happy for this.

Day 25 (2 days after pick up, last day of getting due-bill)

I called delivery center again, and they told me to call roadside assistance because it's a serious hazard. With 20 min of waiting on, nice lady answered, and told me to call the service center lol. Calling back the actually local service center, and the call was on hold for 40 minutes. wow.

However, it went well after a conversation with her. She wrote a note saying that the tire should be taken care of as due-bill or free of charge.

I walked in (or drove in) the local tesla service center around 4:40 PM. (I enjoyed auto steering and TACC by the way!! it's the nicest thing I've ever experienced, hehe). At first, the service rep insisted not to cover tire replacement without charge. But after he read a note from the lady, it took them about 70 minutes to replace the tire for free!

While waiting, I looked around the service centers, and enjoyed watching other teslas. I also walked to the sales center and talked to the guy who helped us testdriving the Model S and Model 3. We chatted for about 20 min, and on my surprise, he gave me a set of keyfob holder!! much much better than the original one.

Anyways, after an hour wait, my car finally got a tire replacement. Only one tire got replaced so I may feel unbalanced while driving. But much better than having nailed tire on the road with squeak sounds all the time!

While I was there, I requested the service appointment of two minor issues that I found in the day of delivery again.
1. passenger side part underneath the window, it flops more when I drive on highway.
2. I hear extreme wind noise on driver side, it almost feels like having windshield open little bit.

Other than these, I think I'm pretty much done for the delivery part! Unless other severe issues happen again, I may stop write further daily log.

Thanks for all the help guys! It's such a joyful experience writing the journal and reading all other helpful posts.

It's such a lovely car, and I have zero regret trading in my Prius. Hope you all enjoy yours too!

Gorgeous car! Red on Black looks fantastic! You're making me look forward to receiving mine.....yup, still waiting.....On the day I was supposed to go pick it up they called me and said I wasn't supposed to have gotten an appointment yet and that the title is still weeks away from being ready.

Not only that, the delivery rep that initially sent me my appointment also said that the appointment was only to sign documents and that the car would be delivered 48hrs later to our homes due to 'logistics' (most of the cars are a state away). He accidentally cc'ed everyone so everyone could see who was getting the e-mail and the resulting bitch fest was quite amusing, poor rep!! Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with Tesla in Massachusetts.

Was hoping to show the car off at Thanksgiving but guess I'll have to wait :)

Gorgeous car! Red on Black looks fantastic! You're making me look forward to receiving mine.....yup, still waiting.....On the day I was supposed to go pick it up they called me and said I wasn't supposed to have gotten an appointment yet and that the title is still weeks away from being ready.

Not only that, the delivery rep that initially sent me my appointment also said that the appointment was only to sign documents and that the car would be delivered 48hrs later to our homes due to 'logistics' (most of the cars are a state away). He accidentally cc'ed everyone so everyone could see who was getting the e-mail and the resulting bitch fest was quite amusing, poor rep!! Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with Tesla in Massachusetts.

Was hoping to show the car off at Thanksgiving but guess I'll have to wait :)

Sorry to hear of that. Signing the car to receive after 48 hours is ridiculous. I really hope it works out for you.
Have a great Thanksgiving!