Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed CPO 2015 85 model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gorgeous car! Red on Black looks fantastic! You're making me look forward to receiving mine.....yup, still waiting.....On the day I was supposed to go pick it up they called me and said I wasn't supposed to have gotten an appointment yet and that the title is still weeks away from being ready.

Not only that, the delivery rep that initially sent me my appointment also said that the appointment was only to sign documents and that the car would be delivered 48hrs later to our homes due to 'logistics' (most of the cars are a state away). He accidentally cc'ed everyone so everyone could see who was getting the e-mail and the resulting bitch fest was quite amusing, poor rep!! Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with Tesla in Massachusetts.

Was hoping to show the car off at Thanksgiving but guess I'll have to wait :)

Right, sign for a car you haven't seen in person yet and won't even be getting for a couple of days. Yeah sure, where do I sign?

Hey guys, I'm finally writing this! actually it was yesterday.

Day 23 (D-Day)
Finally went to the delivery center. Unfortunately, Raleigh NC has some terrible issues with finding a spot. So they are currently using a weird lot (previous state inspection site lot) to deliver the cars.
We went there at 11AM. I couldn't see the car (lots of Model 3's). At the backyard with the unpaved road (extremely muddy), I found mine lol.

Anyways, the delivery process was very very not organized. They were not catching up with everything that I brought. They almost let me go without taking the trade-in (which is fine to me for sure). The guy gave me some walkthrough of Model S, but oh boy, other than Model 3, he wasn't too sure how Model S operated. At some moment, I knew about the car better than that guy (I'm pretty sure because it's not a new car).

Overall, poor delivery experience, but the car was in excellent condition. I saw minor wear and tear on the headliner and the seat, but they were really small (cup holder was kind of little dirty, I need to clean this one). Previous owner's information was still there. When I pressed 'home' button on navigation window, it shows me how to drive back to TN lol. Dang.
Found one minor issue on passenger side window. The part right below windshield wasn't fully attached, so I let him take a photo and report to the service team.

Because the car was only 33% charged, I must supercharge before coming back home. Then, I went to the only SC place in the Raleigh, NC. I wasn't too good at parking backend (the car is pretty big, so my Prius & accord feeling couldn't help anymore).

I love the car. The color is mindblowing, and the performance is beyond expectation. 0-60 MPH in around 4 sec, I really love that feeling :)

Autopilot V1 is still an excellent feature! TACC is such a charm. I started using this once I got used to it. Auto steering has been doing a fabulous job too, but I haven't had that much highway driving experiences yet.

I went back home and plugged into 110 V home outlet for now. I will eventually install the home charger, but not at this time. I am not good at driving backward, so I need to get used to this car. I dare not to park in our garage yet (1 car garage, which is pretty small).

I will take a better photo later. Once again, way too busy to recover back from 9 day long business trip.

View attachment 353839
View attachment 353841
View attachment 353840

Day 24 (one issue)

So home charging with 110 V was working well. It gave me at least another 40 miles to drive, hehe.

I found in an accident that the driver side rear wheel has a nail in it. Damn. But the nail seems very old with rust around it.
Since the delivery team told me that they could fix anything that I found within 72 hours of delivery, I gave them a call. However, as expected, they haven't called me back after the very short initial call (they said they would call me back).
I hear a weird sound from rear wheel whenever I drive. So this could be some serious issue if they don't fix it right away. I'm going to call them again and see if they could fix this immediately without charging me (I heard that they cost $50 to repair this usually).

Should I wait for Tesla service team to fix this? or just bring it to discountTire or other tire shop?

Thanks for reading my long post!

View attachment 353842

View attachment 353843

Hey Kaidou,

Congrats on finally receiving the car. Nice color. Only thing I would do to make it even better is the chrome delete. That would look amazing. Enjoy the ride.

Drive it like you stole it!

Hi, tbh I am a non-car guy. I do not know why the chrome delete is needed. Can you explain this?

Yes the ride is joyful :) I will definitely drive as much as I could, hehe.

So your car looks amazing, in my opinion, in red and black. The chrome all around but especially the windows, take a little away from it.

Check it out.

4.jpg

So I just hit my 7th day of the car. My impression is nothing but wonderful!

The nail issues in the tire was fortunately fixed without charge. And another service visit in 3 weeks of minor issues.

This car gives me an idea of how fun the driving can be. I still use 110v home charging, but it is manageable with occassional public charging and SCing.

Thanks community! I will do my best to support other people regarding the process of CPO ordering.

F2845A6C-C2C5-4FBE-A920-07A475A6DDE1.jpeg
05C5E460-4AA3-4034-B237-DABAA8916D3B.jpeg

Well, here is some minor update since 11/24/2018.

• I managed to drive around 2,500 miles for 40 days. It's been fun driving for sure
  • I had one long distance trip between NC and NY/NJ. Supercharging network on I-95 was awesome.
  • Very recently (12/27) the car was in the service center for numerous issues. Everything seems fixed except heavy wind sound from driver window. I may re-visit on this issue once I have more problems later.
  • EZ-Pass was not working under the windshield because of its special coating. I attached the transponder inside of nosecone, and it's been working like a magic.
  • Still charging at home with 110V outdoor outlet. It roughly charges 1% every 40-50 min. Painful but still doable. I love looking for many other chargers.
  • Frunk is my new favorite place for grocery shopping and all other errands. I hardly use trunk at all (except road-trip to NY/NJ)
  • I installed cheap silicon center console bought from Amazon. It's not perfect but at least better than nothing.
  • 3G network is slow! but manageable. I do not have plan to upgrade by giving $500 to Tesla.
  • Unfortunately, I still do not have title/tag/registration for the vehicle. I used dealer tag for a week, then now having Tennessee temp tag for another month. Hopefully I will receive mine by end of temp tag date.
  • Sometimes EV-CPO has even better deal than the amount of the money that I spent for this car. Jealous for whoever getting that!

Happy new year with Tesla. I'm truly happy Tesla owner who drives with joy and happiness.

Reactions: Hokiiz and EV-CPO
Hi guys!
It seems like I need to update the current status with the car.
Including tomorrow's service appointment, my total number of visit to the service center is four. Roughly once a month.
Some of them are repetitive from my previous post, and I'll minimize the detail as much as I can. FYI, all of below were covered under warranty (or will)

1. November/December
After my due-bill visit to fixing the nailed tire, I finally had my first service visit.
*Flopping part below windshield of passenger side: easily fixed. No problem after the visit.
*Driver side harsh wind noise + slight leakage: not fixed well. Test-drive was a nightmare due to the traffic.
*Put a lubricant on the sunroof part: easily fixed. But it happens again in a month.
*Charging port cover not open (one out of five times): SC replaced the entire port. Still happens sometimes but a lot less frequently.

My loaner at this time was Cadillac, and I was not a fan of ICE vehicle at all. It took about 24 hours to finish the service.

2. January
My second visit with previous issues + new issues
*windshield noise again: still not fixed well. I could feel the cold air coming from the side of the triangle part.
*Charging port magnet was completely detached: SC guy fixed it immediately because it was a major issue. I put duck tape on the charging port to the arrival to the SC.
*windshield wiper has weird clicking noise whenever operates: easily fixed but a problem occurred again.
My loan this time was P85DL. I almost enjoyed this car for a day, but it was raining...so no fun actually.
3. February
My third visit with previous issues + new issues
*Windshield noise again: SC did something but not clear. They told me not to visit with this issue again. *sigh* I gave up on this.
*Driver-side back door was not engaging immediately: It sometimes needed like 3 seconds to open the door after I pulled the handle. It seems like SC fixed it. But another problem occurred after this service visit.
*Charging Port Pink light: somehow a bottom portion of charging light was pink instead of bright blue. SC replaced the entire part and fixed it.
*Windshield wiper had a noise again, SC replaced the whole part and now I have zero problems on this.
The loaner was 85D Silver. Only used for like 6 hours though.
4. March (tomorrow)
Forth visit with another ongoing problem (except windshield noise anymore)
*Driver-side window has a weird sound when I roll it back.
*Frunk sometimes got stuck and not letting me open: hopefully, they ordered the part (I previously asked them to order the part)
*bug and condensations in the tail lights: DISGUSTING!!! I know this issue has been discussed previously.
*driver-side back door has weird noise when it pops out: looks like SC did not fix this last time.

So overall, my experience of vehicle quality was not that good. Sometimes people asked me how much I like this car and I was a little hesitant because of these continuous issues. Nevertheless, it's a great car to drive. I did three times of round-trip between NC and NY, and the long distance trip has been fantastic.
I'm so glad to pick the one with 4 yr - 50k warranty. Otherwise, I would have sold the vehicle and went back to the toyota/honda.
Will I buy this car again if I go back to November 2018? I'm not 100% sure though. I may buy new model 3 or inventory model instead.

Man this is making me want a M3 instead lol.. I know this is just 1 person's post. Still scary lol!
It's just me. Some of the problems can be skipped if you are not an OCD-like person like I do. I hate to hear the distractions.
I still enjoy the car, especially after returning the 2014 pre-AP loaner. My car is smooth, and AP's doing a great job.

If I have another moment of buying Used from Tesla.com, I would consider...
  1. try to have more options such as cold weather package, next-gen seat, smart suspension, and center console if it's there
  2. get lower mileage car, hopefully below 30k if possible.
  3. although Tesla cars have not much impact on the year of the model, still prefer to get a later year of models (late 2016 would be the best which includes free unlimited SC)
  4. get the P model instead of the normal one. Or at least dual motor model (D)

Since March 2019, I had numerous service center visits again. Some remarks were...

• January 2020, Replaced entire tire sets. I did not know, but Tesla Used vehicles did not have fresh new tires at the time of sale. I purchased OEM Goodyear tire set from DiscountTire.
  • February 2020, the driver side door handle completely died!! I could open it with the card stick into it though. I immediately went to the SC in the early morning (at the time of open), and SC fixed the door within an hour. They mentioned that they fixed as a walk-in because of the emergency situation.
  • May 2020, MCU 'finally' died. Complete shut down of the center screen. When it dies, the only feature available was driving (No AC, navigation, etc...). Because SC had to order the part, I waited around 7 days to check-in. As a result, I received a fresh MCU with an LTE signal lol.
  • Forgot to mention. Supercharging speed greatly decreased to all AP1 vehicles, including mine. Seems like Tesla wanted me to buy a new car ;)
My overall experience since November 2019 is still not bad. The car works great, and I will even bring this car to Korea (my next duty station) later this year.

However, if someone asks me for the recommendation, I would like to recommend purchasing at least the one with FSD equipped. According to evcpo website, 2017 Model S including a 4 yr warranty, FSD, and some more features are still under $50k.

I will update more info once my car arrives in Korea later this year.