Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw this on my Dashboard, guaranteed 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to accept a new agreement this morning, and when logging into my account, I noticed it saying 2022 Model Y.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this a guarantee, then?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.28.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.28.37 AM.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 559
I had to accept a new agreement this morning, and when logging into my account, I noticed it saying 2022 Model Y.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this a guarantee, then?
It might be a guarantee that your VIN might have a couple different digits in it maybe.

I wouldn’t read anything else into it. Tesla doesn’t do “Model Years” like most anyone else. Most likely for some time to come, a 2022 Model Y will be largely the same as the current shipping ones. Until Texas is online and shipping in volume it is far more likely to get a Fremont Model Y.

My EDD recently updated to 12/2 - 12/13. I just looked in my account and saw there was the “vision agreement” for me to agree to, along with it showing as 2022. VIN wasn’t visible on main page but showed in source code and MVPA document.

I’m wondering if I can just not agree to it until later this month since, as many others, I was hoping to take delivery in the new year.

Well that should make it interesting when trying to get insurance. I had enough trouble with the older 5YJ...
Yea i hear you, i have been trying to shop for insurance and a few of them have not added 2022 Teslas or just model 3 but not Y. they apparently update their list every month and Tesla did not make the Dec cut. limits the options as the car is coming in 2 weeks.

My EDD recently updated to 12/2 - 12/13. I just looked in my account and saw there was the “vision agreement” for me to agree to, along with it showing as 2022. VIN wasn’t visible on main page but showed in source code and MVPA document.

I’m wondering if I can just not agree to it until later this month since, as many others, I was hoping to take delivery in the new year.

I think Tesla is so strict these days they just cancel your order and say "when you are ready to take delivery, place a new order, etc"