Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping the exterior clean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using Aero Cosmetics waterless Wash and Wax for around 5 years and really like it. And use 303 Aerospace protectant or Car Guys tire shine on the tires. I'll even use 303 on the glass because it makes it so slippery.

Last edited:
I use a cheap foam gun that works with a garden hose.

Wash. Rinse. Wash. Rinse. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax and rinse off (a panel at a time). Dry. Spray on wax. Quick and easy. You could also shorten it to: wash, rinse, dry.

The drying is the most labor intensive part. I have ppf on the front half of my car so I don't bother using wax there. With all the glass in the rest of the car, the waxing steps are quick and easy.

I haven't gotten the foam gun yet as I use the two bucket wash and microfiber mitt
1697319534054.png

What is the advantage of using the foam gun?

Attachments

• 1697319533763.png
    1697319533763.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: BWJ.
(My foam gun is the entry level one, Griot's Garage, that I bought at O'Reilly's here in Fort Worth. The foam comes out in blobs rather than full coverage. It's not very effective. Needs a better quality nozzle. Caveat emptor.)

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
(My foam gun is the entry level one, Griot's Garage, that I bought at O'Reilly's here in Fort Worth. The foam comes out in blobs rather than full coverage. It's not very effective. Needs a better quality nozzle. Caveat emptor.)
That's a bummer.

I got this Foam King from Amazon. No complaints when set on max. IMO the quick disconnect is essential for ease of use to switch between wash and rinse. I'm able to cover the entire car and wheels with one filling.

Works well with the pricey Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash. I will often get the cheapest soap from Walmart and use twice as much as recommended. Still much less expensive than the Meguiar's which is about $30/gal. vs $7/gal.

I wash my car weekly but we are in a condo with lot parking (and no charging) so it goes from spotless to pollen or dusty very quickly.
i keep a California duster inside the car in my detail box & a house swiffer w/ wand for the interior.

exterior one -

interior

i wanna say i've seen that california brand sells a kit with an interior one also but since i use the swiffers for the house its easier to just refill the car from that stock vs have another thing to buy

If you are ocd on the paint you'd want to circumvent it with a coating or certain soaps will clear the water or morning dew so that you dont get the spots but its really based on color of the car, area its in & the mental anxiety of the owner lol

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam

Keeping the exterior clean​

Local car wash. Conveyor chain-driven rotating-brush high-volume blower car wash. Works very well every time, $23, includes full inside vacuum and matt cleaning, full interior wipe-down, full interior glass cleaning, exterior tire shine and full hand-towel drying as needed. So 20 minutes and far, far better than I could or would want to do.

I wash my car weekly but we are in a condo with lot parking (and no charging) so it goes from spotless to pollen or dusty very quickly.
i keep a California duster inside the car in my detail box & a house swiffer w/ wand for the interior.

exterior one -

interior

i wanna say i've seen that california brand sells a kit with an interior one also but since i use the swiffers for the house its easier to just refill the car from that stock vs have another thing to buy

If you are ocd on the paint you'd want to circumvent it with a coating or certain soaps will clear the water or morning dew so that you dont get the spots but its really based on color of the car, area its in & the mental anxiety of the owner lol
I have had this same duster for 10 years. it seems the older it gets the better it works.

Reactions: TypeX