Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have we ever branded someone a troll based on their opinion?

Ramon LeighPosted: 10/27/2011 4:10pm PDT

Michael Thwaite's Tesla Motors Club is a closed minded website that does not tolerate any opinions that aren't positive for electric vehicles. No one advances the cause of electrics by manufacturing "facts." Those providing the slightest negative opinions are branded as "trolls." Free speech is not in Thwaite's lexicon. As a result, his website is perhaps the most boring location on the EV map.

For anyone who cares, this is the seemingly random profile picture he is using:
250157_103411063087042_100002544459353_23833_2224062_n.jpg

Lot 2201. Robert Tyre Jones Signed Photo and Letter ~ Golf December 2002 - Lelands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jones_(golfer)
I don't know if it has any significance other than I guess he likes Golf...

This thread is a great service. It has been referenced by many blogs and forums when the search for who he is. One stop info shopping that's to TEG's great sleuthing work.

Does TEG have a mythical beast tattoo? :)

Something I had been noticing for a while, but finally think it is time to mention is a pattern of speech I see from certain trollish posters.
Saying "that is something that any (specific age of a child) would know..." Some sort of veiled insult like "I think some of you folks are dumber than children..."
Since whoever is behind this seemingly endless flow of semi-disruptive crap changes aliases frequently, I try to look for patterns to guess when 'it' has resurfaced.
The unusual page formatting could be a clue, but use of certain phrases too.

For example, here:
Ramon Leigh - Contributor at High Gear Media
I see this:
RamonLeigh said:
...A real Nobel prize winning scientist has figured out what any 7 year old already knew...

And now here:
Steven Chu in Automotive News (still 1 Million EVs, but maybe 2016 or so)
TomGray said:
...a guy in this administration smart enough to know what every 7 year old already knew...

Probably not the same guy, but here is someone else using that sort of condescending "blanket-statement" terminology:
Why The Electric Vehicle House Of Cards Must Fall - Seeking Alpha
JohnPetersen said:
...Everybody above the age of five understands that...